Viper's 1988 Chevrolet Crapsica LT

I love the emphasis GM placed on the dashboard lighter.

Smoking helps alleviate the pain of driving one. GM is always one step ahead!

This can't seriously be the worst car on the forums, can it? :lol: :cry:

Depends how you look at it. It could very well be the best, simply because its yours and you can finally drive the damn thing. :lol:

This can't seriously be the worst car on the forums, can it? :lol: :cry:

Hey, it's so much easier to own the crappiest car than it is to own the nicest one. It might be a slightly lesser accolade, but I'd take it over owning a car that is at neither extreme. :p

Hey, it's so much easier to own the crappiest car than it is to own the nicest one. It might be a slightly lesser accolade, but I'd take it over owning a car that is at neither extreme. :p

Well, if he moves from the corsica to the Viper, he will be at both ends

Yeah my corolla is nothing special but it's in great shape and that's no fun. haha

(fun fact) a dumb friend once tried to convince me he got his parents Corsica up to 225kph going down a big hill on the highway. I lol'd

Well, if he moves from the corsica to the Viper, he will be at both ends

The top end is a lot more subjective though than the crappiest car. Some might consider a newer Alfa 8C or BMW M5 or other nice cars people here own more desirable. ;)

Just got insurance for this thing too. :cool:

Heh, unfortunately I'm still a novice at a stick, so I think I need a bit more guidance/practice before I get out on my own with one. :)

Heh, unfortunately I'm still a novice at a stick, so I think I need a bit more guidance/practice before I get out on my own with one. :)

When I was learning stick, my brother gave me some stupidly simple advice that helped me avoid stalling almost entirely. He just said to give it a little more gas even before you start slowly letting off the clutch.

The way I handle hill starts, and I do this all the time in my truck offroad which has no working hand brake at the moment, is keep your foot on the brake and let off the clutch slowly, wait until you see your rev's drop or hear your engine idle start to change, that's when you know your clutch is starting to grab, try to hold the clutch where it is while you take your foot off the brake and apply it to the throttle, as you press down on the throttle slowly release the clutch the rest of the way. Works pretty well for me.

When I was learning stick, my brother gave me some stupidly simple advice that helped me avoid stalling almost entirely. He just said to give it a little more gas even before you start slowly letting off the clutch.

I don't stall it, I make the tires squeal on a hill. :p Too much gas and I just need more practice. :)

The way I handle hill starts, and I do this all the time in my truck offroad which has no working hand brake at the moment, is keep your foot on the brake and let off the clutch slowly, wait until you see your rev's drop or hear your engine idle start to change, that's when you know your clutch is starting to grab, try to hold the clutch where it is while you take your foot off the brake and apply it to the throttle, as you press down on the throttle slowly release the clutch the rest of the way. Works pretty well for me.

Cool, thanks.

See, it is a shitbox :p

I knew he would like it!

I seriously do, I like the hatch although it didn't do well. It's also by no means an unattractive compact/mid-sizer, quite the opposite. It's also somewhat innovative:

First year of production was sent exclusively to fleets to get feedback and durability testing.

First car in America with standard Daytime Running Lights.

I'd gladly rock a Corsica.

You are just happy you no longer have the shittiest car on finalgear :p

Seriously, I still do. That is by no means ugly inside or out.

hand-brake hill start > foot brake hill start.

Just pull your handbrake, start to set off normally, when the rear dips, let go of the handbrake, but don't simultaneously move your feet from the pedals (rookie mistake until you get the hand-feet coordination right), and you'll set off just fine.

Just pull your handbrake, start to set off normally, when the rear dips, let go of the handbrake, but don't simultaneously move your feet from the pedals (rookie mistake until you get the hand-feet coordination right), and you'll set off just fine.

that's how i was taught, and it was so simple i managed to not stall once on the hill :D

The hand brake method is good too. I encounter far more hill starts offroading in my truck than on the road in my car and my hand brake was shit even before it broke, plus it only works on the rear tires, which isn't ideal in most circumstances. I've gotten so use to the foot brake method that I don't even bother with the hand brake when I'm in my car on the streets. But that's just me. *shrug*

That's true, assuming his hand brake actually works ;)

Just don't floor it in reverse.

[video=youtube;lbCTw_J-mzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbCTw_J-mzY[/video]

Not really sure whats going on there.