Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

He means on the FinalGear racetrack of undisclosed location
Damned thing is expensive as hell to keep up. Do you have any idea how much camoflauge netting costs in the sort of quantity to make a ribbon of asphalt vanish?

I'm glad you've finally got your dream car!!! Is it all you expected it to be?

Congrats!

Now, where's the vid of you watching it come off the truck ;)

I'm guessing he was too busy "coming off" himself at that point. I know I would have been after waiting that long.

:clap::clap::heart: finally mate, now we need to change the color of this :viper:

Cheers

About bloody time :p

Congrats, in the video it looks like you still can't believe it's actually yours and you're driving it :lol:

Probably going to drop the $1600 for a new set of tires (Michelin Super Sports). Besides getting a newer generation tire, I believe these are the factory ones which makes them 4-5 years old.

Probably going to drop the $1600 for a new set of tires (Michelin Super Sports). Besides getting a newer generation tire, I believe these are the factory ones which makes them 4-5 years old.

Before you change them, burnout the old ones...

Yes yes yes yes!!!! And we'll be needing video of that!

And as long as you're dropping that much on the tires anyways...are you looking at darker wheels? *stirs the pot*

Check the DOT markings to be sure how old they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire#Markings. 4-5 years is pretty old for tires, especially considering the car's performance.

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I guess this means I need to stop just talking about needing a 911 and finally just get one, heh. Holy crap. Your Viper is awesome. Go forth and hoon, dude.

Do it. I had Super Sports on my old car (2006 GTO) and they were fantastic. 10,000 miles and three track days and they still had a ton of life. Excellent grip both at the track and on the street. Fine in the rain and not very noisy too. I will be putting them on my new car soon also.

Also this. :p

Check the DOT markings to be sure how old they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire#Markings. 4-5 years is pretty old for tires, especially considering the car's performance.

Aha! Okay, they're factory, from the end of July 2007. Totally replacing them.

IMG_0101.JPG

Do it. I had Super Sports on my old car (2006 GTO) and they were fantastic. 10,000 miles and three track days and they still had a ton of life. Excellent grip both at the track and on the street. Fine in the rain and not very noisy too. I will be putting them on my new car soon also.

Funny enough, the better Michelin Pilot Super Sport's are cheaper than the OEM PS2's.

Shred those tyres in one go; have the rims powdercoated black and throw on the new rubber. And make sure its all well documented on film. :p

It's highly unlikely I'm actually going to do a burnout in them. I may find a bit parking lot and break loose but I'm not going to sit in place and burn rubber. Bad for the clutch, bad for the brakes, bad for the fender wells, etc.

And I may hang onto the tires just for fun anyway when I'm done. They're so massive!

Dude this is awesome. I love the color... everything. But most of all I like the idle burble that I trust you'll be videotaping and putting up ASAP. yes?