Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Torque?

Which bluetooth reader do you have? I just want to make sure whatever I get will work with Torque lol.

Check the comments and forum threads on DE/ Amazon. People usually mention there whether or not it'll work with Torque. The DE link I posted works (according to several buyers) with Torque just fine.

I do have one just like Adu posted and yes, it works with Torque and aDyno on my Galaxy S.

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Passed DEQ. Now to the DMV to transfer my plates!

Had to log in just to say congrats :cheers:

Absolutely stoked for you to be behind the wheel of your dream car. I can hardly believe it! All these years we use to joke around with you for not even having a car, and all of a sudden here you are rolling around like a boss.

Enjoy her in good health! Let the mods begin :ninja:

Hey SL65, first, long time no see, and second, the ball's in your court now :mrgreen:

What's the status with getting it fixed?

What's the status with getting it fixed?

My car? Running fine now and passed DEQ.

To figure out what caused the limp-home mode though will take a while. It's pouring rain for like the next week so I don't want to drive it.

Just bought one of these: http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html

Wireless OBD reader so my phone can see what my car is doing, including reading error codes. Should know what the error code was this weekend hopefully.

Also just bought one of these:

It clamps onto the front fascia. Going to keep it in the trunk though. The car just looks too damn good to ruin it with a front plate. :)

you can drive legally with no front plate?

you can drive legally with no front plate?

no (nearly half of US states require a front license plate).. but the police aren't normally super strict about it. It's mostly used as an excuse to pull you over to check you out for other things (like having the rear plate lights out). I haven't run my front plate for three years now..

Also just bought one of these:

It clamps onto the front fascia. Going to keep it in the trunk though. The car just looks too damn good to ruin it with a front plate. :)
I have one of those. Works fine but obviously scratches the paint over time.
A good excuse for the police is that you just washed the car and forgot to clamp the plate back on :p

Love the video - First time I sat in my Elise, I did the same thing. "It won't start, what the hell?" ... oh yeah, push button. Did Dodge do the same thing as Lotus - use a normal ignition barrel and just not wire up start position?

Paint looks amazing on the car, looks like the seller really cared about it.

Love the video - First time I sat in my Elise, I did the same thing. "It won't start, what the hell?" ... oh yeah, push button. Did Dodge do the same thing as Lotus - use a normal ignition barrel and just not wire up start position?

No, the key doesn't turn farther as a normal ignition barrel would. That's what was confusing me -- I couldn't figure out why the key wouldn't turn from the run position to the start position. :lol:

Paint looks amazing on the car, looks like the seller really cared about it.

I'm the third owner but yeah. But more likely it's that the car has 9300 miles on it. :)

Missed the limp mode thing-- definitely see what codes set when that happens, but I suspect it's probably an excessive misfire code due to a bad spark plug or wire. Limp mode happens to keep the cats from melting down.

Check that all the plug wires are seated firmly first, then pull and inspect all the plugs, if indeed it is a misfire code. You'll have real fun with the back two-- use a short extension, a u-joint, and a long extension with the plug socket if you plan on pulling your own wrenches.

No, the key doesn't turn farther as a normal ignition barrel would. That's what was confusing me -- I couldn't figure out why the key wouldn't turn from the run position to the start position. :lol:
I believe that's pretty common with push-button start cars. Mine behaves in exactly the same way. Just two positions for the key, off and on.

I have never understood pushbutton without keyless.