Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Sweet, always loved the Viper. Such an insane car. A good spiritual successor to the Cobra of the 60's hehe
Lovely color too. Blue is pretty much always a good choice.

Damn my battery is a pain in the ass to access.

Anyway, my battery looks perfectly fine to me.

Img_0128.jpg

Img_0129.jpg

Img_0130.jpg

Img_0131.jpg

Img_0132.jpg

Img_0133.jpg

There should be a 1" round sticker with some letters and numbers on it somewhere on one of the sides, if it didn't fall off. That's the date code sticker, and that's the info we need. It looks like this:
6348cc5b-4f29-a6f5.jpg

It may be different colors or say something like "F-3" instead of a clear month-year marking.

Fuck taking that panel off again without using a power drill. My arm is still aching a little from torquing on that thing for so long (hard and long screws -- that's what she said).

I'd have to yank the battery anyway as I didn't see any stickers on the visible portion of the battery. Perhaps this weekend.

Well, it's exposed under the car. Perhaps you could snake a camera around the sides from the back or underneath?

Well, it's exposed under the car. Perhaps you could snake a camera around the sides from the back or underneath?

No, the rear diffuser is under the battery (that black carbon fiber bit you can see in the pictures). The only way you can see the battery without removing that panel is through the rear bumper where air flowing over the differential and stuff escapes.

Okay.

Well, did you get receipts with it? That's an Autozone store battery, so it might be an Autozone receipt.

I had the exact same battery put in my old 850 before I sold it.

You definitely need to paint the wheels black. Like this:

425266_10150618148024226_707984225_9640926_1970771759_n.jpg

Okay.

Well, did you get receipts with it? That's an Autozone store battery, so it might be an Autozone receipt.

I got some receipts but I don't think there's one in there for that. I'll double check though.

I had the exact same battery put in my old 850 before I sold it.

You definitely need to paint the wheels black. Like this:

425266_10150618148024226_707984225_9640926_1970771759_n.jpg

Hell yes. Check this out:

I'm absolutely loving those wheels in the video. They're the stock 5 spoke wheels but painted.

I think I would prefer my style wheels painted black though:

Last edited:
Try 'shopping it with black wheels, but machined/polished lips in addition to the shiny centers. Would look better, IMHO. Otherwise, looks like you're riding around on holes (unless you have a black vehicle.)

Looks good, I'm checking out a black Viper tomorrow in Portland, we will see how it goes. :) I really think I'm set on getting a 98/99 GTS though. The viper was the first car I fell in love with in about 4th grade (the same day I discovered the internet, netscape), which was oh about 17 years ago as well. Enjoy!

Like everyone else said. Congrats on the ride. That is really awesome car and it is great you now have Viper to go with your name.

I wish you many safe miles!

Looks good, I'm checking out a black Viper tomorrow in Portland, we will see how it goes. :) I really think I'm set on getting a 98/99 GTS though. The viper was the first car I fell in love with in about 4th grade (the same day I discovered the internet, netscape), which was oh about 17 years ago as well. Enjoy!

Nice! Tomorrow's weather is looking to be cloudy but probably dry. Should be good driving weather. I plan on being out in mine. :)

I'll be down there in the ISF, so lets hope for good weather :) Any trips to the track this year planned? We have a great new course that opened up in Shelton Ridge Motorsport, I plan on hanging out there quite often this summer as well!