Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Just paint the bumper too. If you got the cash i would. I would think it would have a rock chip or two :p.

Fresh painted bumpers make the world go round.

Lowered cars get scratched i realized, its just life of being on the ground. So i Feel ya.

Just paint the bumper too. If you got the cash i would. I would think it would have a rock chip or two :p.

I honestly can't find any. The car only has 15000 miles on it after all.

damn, thats not even broken In. I swear under 20,000 is new in my book.

damn, thats not even broken In. I swear under 20,000 is new in my book.

I bought it in March with ~9200 miles on it. I've driven it quite a bit since then. :)

So yeah, the car is practically new for the most part so I'm gonna have the front bumper wrapped before it becomes less new.

Bought the mud flaps and having the front bumper wrapped on Monday morning.

Woah dude! can't believe you finally got one! I'm so happy for you!

I don't know what the heck you do for a living now to be able to afford one of these but it's way cool man! :)

for the record, I too gave myself a little convertible as a gift to myself this year

[threadjack]

DSC00930s.jpg

:mrgreen:

[/threadjack]

Last edited:
Woah dude! can't believe you finally got one! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks! :)

I don't know what the heck you do for a living now to be able to afford one of these but it's way cool man! :)

Saving for a long time plus a good paying job. I wouldn't have been able to afford it if I hadn't put like 1/2 "cash" down.

for the record, I too gave myself a little convertible as a gift to myself this year

Make your own thread! :p

But seriously, make a thread. I'm interested in seeing pictures and asking what happened to the RX-8 without derailing this thread. :)

3M clear bra is a life saver on lowered cars as long as you take care of the clear bra and don't let it get cloudy. i did my front lip and front bumper a while back. i got one chip in my carbon hydro dipped front lip right after i put the lip on the car. i didn't think it would change the airflow in the front of the car that much but i guess it did. i wasn't about to have rock chips goin on so i 3M wrapped it right away.

the 3M kits are expensive as hell. it would have been hundreds for the front end kit for my car. so i got a bulk roll off ebay for 70 bux and cut it all myself. worked great. just remember not all clear bra is created equal. make sure you get some good quality film. there are also multiple thicknesses.

Yeah, it's gonna be $500 to wrap the front end of my car with 3M stuff. Worth it though.

Today was a productive (but expensive) day!

I had the whole front end of the car wrapped and they threw in the mirrors and the door edges as a bonus. That ran me $845. Totally worth it though.

Then I installed my carbon fiber (real, not fake, and I know, I know, but it actually looks good!) mud flaps to prevent my paint from being chipped anymore. The bodywork tucks in at the bottom so it just catches hundreds of rocks. That set me back $625 for the four. Again, spendy but worth it!

Last edited:
I have seen a SRT10 Viper with those Real CF Mudflaps.... They looks hella sweet!!!

Nice purchases!!!

I have seen a SRT10 Viper with those Real CF Mudflaps.... They looks hella sweet!!!

Nice purchases!!!

Yeah, they look a lot better than I expected. Much better than boring black plastic mud flaps and while no mud flaps looks best, that's not practical. :)

I think painted mudflaps would look hawtness. But I think that defeats the purpose cause the paint on the flaps will get jacked up lol

Nearly $1500 for mudflaps and some plastic wrapping? :lol:

I see the website's ad revenue is still coming in strong, despite Google pulling out.

Last edited:
IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.JPG

They're pretty slick little things. Very 3D.

IMG_0065.jpgIMG_0066.jpgIMG_0067.JPG

If you look really, really close, you can see the clear wrap in this picture. Look like 10 inches behind the top of the air intake.

I'm super happy with the wrap, I just wish I had done it when the paint was brand new but I didn't own the car then. Even 5 months ago would have been nice but oh well. The two or three chips under the wrap in some out of the way places is fine enough.

457463_10151148255663188_1376938821_o.jpg

Last edited:
Those CF flaps look very hansome indeed, nice buy.
Also, the photos of the alloys really show them off well.

:cool: