Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

According to Google 10.5 front with 275s (should be 285s) will fit easy.

I believe the track package runs 295's, but glad my existing tires will fit! I guess my only concern now is rubbing when turning, which already may happen.

your tires will "fit".. with some stretch. There's nothing really wrong with that. Most tires are a little stretched these days, rather than poking out like tires used to on older cars.

Yup. Run out the ones you have then get proper sized one later :)

Yup. Run out the ones you have then get proper sized one later :)

I'm not sure I want to. Running wider tires in the front reduces the built-in understeer (as opposed to more deadly oversteer) and also makes it even worse on the freeway where there's ruts in the road (it's bad now).

Maybe I'll just stick to a 10" wheel. :(

you need to track your car a bit so you can get away from thinking that oversteer is deadly :p

you need to track your car a bit so you can get away from thinking that oversteer is deadly :p

It's a street car that I take on the track, not a track car that I take on the street. ;)

It's a street car that I take on the track, not a track car that I take on the street. ;)

I am well aware of this :D
but the more you are familiar with the car, the less you will ever need to rely on built-in understeer to get you out of a situation. Your description for why the car has smaller front tires looks more like you're reading from a marketing or legal brochure.. it just looks like you're repeating what others, who also have never had the chance to really push their cars in a safe environment so they can learn how to control it, have told you.

Don't take that as me pushing you to do something to lessen any understeer. I wouldn't recommend that you do so until you are confident with the car at high speed and in extreme situations... something you can only really learn in a car control clinic and at the track. But I do believe that once you gain that confidence you'll start to worry less about thinking that oversteer is the way to death with the car :D

Last edited:
I am well aware of this :D
but the more you are familiar with the car, the less you will ever need to rely on built-in understeer to get you out of a situation. Your description for why the car has smaller front tires looks more like you're reading from a marketing or legal brochure.. it just looks like you're repeating what others, who also have never had the chance to really push their cars in a safe environment so they can learn how to control it, have told you.

Don't take that as me pushing you to do something to lessen any understeer. I wouldn't recommend that you do so until you are confident with the car at high speed and in extreme situations... something you can only really learn in a car control clinic and at the track. But I do believe that once you gain that confidence you'll start to worry less about thinking that oversteer is the way to death with the car :D

I just know that guys who track their Vipers a lot run a 285 instead of a 275 as it reduces understeer, however on the street it has drawbacks, especially in terms of ruts.

My understanding was the car was set up to have a little understeer in it to prevent the opposite. /shrug

Viper: when I'm doing tire research, this is what is use - http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

It's a really nice calculator. Put in stock. Put in what you wanna use. Tells you if it'll fit or not, plus how off your speedo... all that good stuff

/latetotheparty

Brilliant site, same as i use. I was just having trouble finding the specs for the different wheels. D:

Congrats Viper on your Viper!

My dream car also!

Viper: when I'm doing tire research, this is what is use - http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

It's a really nice calculator. Put in stock. Put in what you wanna use. Tells you if it'll fit or not, plus how off your speedo... all that good stuff

/latetotheparty

That's a cool site, but is there any way to convert it into using Imperial tire sizes? Offroad tires aren't generally measured in metric....