Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

I could but I'd rather keep the battery topped off and the car isn't a huge fan of losing power. Nothing drastic but it sometimes throws some error codes.

Mostly it's just a "why not?". It doesn't get below freezing that much here and my garage is under an apartment and backs up against a hill so it stays quite warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

Fair enough

Nice car btw

I threw a thermometer in my garage a few days ago and even though it's been getting down to about 30F overnight, it stays a consistent 62-64F in there (it has a min/max memory). Perfect!

It's below an apartment and backs up against a hillside so I guess that provides enough heat to keep it warm.

And here I stopped at a gas station to grab something to drink on the way to work this morning and the local guy with his blue Viper was gassing up. It was about 29?.

And here I stopped at a gas station to grab something to drink on the way to work this morning and the local guy with his blue Viper was gassing up. It was about 29?.

That takes balls. The soft summer tires like to get super hard in the cold I hear.

Some fellow guys in my club have been driving theirs though so if it's dry one of these weekends I might have to lower the tire pressure back down to normal and roll it out of the garage. :D

That takes balls. The soft summer tires like to get super hard in the cold I hear.

not really balls.. just have to be careful :D
my various track tires aren't any different than yours.. they're rock hard when I first drive my car, but they do warm up to be sticky enough after about 15 - 20 minutes on the highway.

Last edited:
When it's cold enough the tarmac itself is so cold that getting proper temp is hard or impossible. My hb has hard(ish) semi slicks with a tw rating of 140, and below freezing they're as good as regular tires(no good). What rubber were you on?

Yeah, the Azenis sucks in the cold and wet.. Had it previous season, this years R1Rs feel a lot better.

Yeah, the Azenis sucks in the cold and wet.. Had it previous season, this years R1Rs feel a lot better.
I'm on R1R's as well. Even after what I said before I'm positively surpised in them(when it's not cold).

I braved the cold today (slightly above freezing) and used a friend of my uncle's lift to check out the bottom side of my car.

IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1989.JPG

The sheetmetal damage from bottoming out wasn't as bad as I thought. It was already bent from the factory to divert a bit of air above itself -- I just caught the edges of it and folded that back:

IMG_1993.JPG

I'm missing some screws though that hold body panels together, weird:

IMG_1991.jpg IMG_1995.JPG

I also appear to have an oil leak! :eek:

IMG_1998.JPG

I just realized it's been almost a year.
Time flies!

I just realized it's been almost a year.
Time flies!

Yeah! I've put over 9000 :)P) miles on the car too between March and October. Not bad. :D

lol, I know it's like almost an year late, but congrats on your dream car. (better late than never :p)

I also remember that when I first joined this forum, you didn't even have a car :lol: How time flies....