Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

Top speed is in 5th gear. Theoretical top speed of 6th gear is over 300 MPH -- it's purely an economy gear. :)
It's just prepared for turbos from the factory.

It's being shipped back today and should arrive at my shop on Tuesday. :D

you fill up your car every time you arrive somewhere?
or where do you get those numbers?

As Nugget mentioned it's an app. Every time I stop for gas, I punch my odometer and the numbers off the fuel pump into the app. It keeps track of where I fill up (via GPS), how much it cost, etc. for me and reminds me of oil change intervals and such.

I also have an Automatic which uses my OBD-II port to do some similar stuff but I still record my fuel stops manually for fun.

I also have an Automatic which uses my OBD-II port to do some similar stuff but I still record my fuel stops manually for fun

Are you related to James May?

So shiny and new!

Goes back in tomorrow. :)

Celebratory burnout!

<3

13782098_10157151074185534_8020745702854186854_n.jpg

Does this picture show up...

-Robert

^ one of my IRL best friends who's apparently been stalking me via these forums longer than I've known him... :lol:

When's the wedding?

Genuine stalker? :lol:

No, I was only joking. :p

I met him IRL through local car clubs and he didn't realize until later I was aka Viper007Bond.

I love how you refer to your current gear ratio as "economical" with an 8.4L V10 under the hood.

LOL, best line I've read all month!

Every time I see a blue Viper my heart skips a beat. <3 I saw this and had to post. Made my work day just a little better. :D

The wife and I want a Viper (your generation) but I'll be damned if I can find a bank or credit union to loan us the $$$ for a car older than 6 years no matter what it is and what mileage it may have. :( <-- sad face Because lets face it, I fucking love Vipers in my old age and I will stop at nothing to dream about owning one. My wife will just have to learn to drive on public streets with a manual instead of parking lots. :lol: Or I get the ZF 8spd transmission from the Hellcat and all's well (ridicule aside :lol:). She deserves to be able to enjoy her dream car too. :mrgreen:

there are some credit unions in WA that will give you a car loan for older cars with higher mileage and value. I'd look into that for Texas..

there are some credit unions in WA that will give you a car loan for older cars with higher mileage and value. I'd look into that for Texas..

But that sounds like one of the "bad credit" loan situations where they would also have terrible terms and a high APR. My best bet is probably to find a credit union that has lax criteria. LOL