Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

The wife and I want a Viper (your generation) but I'll be damned if I can find a bank or credit union to loan us the $$$ for a car older than 6 years no matter what it is and what mileage it may have. :( <-- sad face Because lets face it, I fucking love Vipers in my old age and I will stop at nothing to dream about owning one. My wife will just have to learn to drive on public streets with a manual instead of parking lots. :lol: Or I get the ZF 8spd transmission from the Hellcat and all's well (ridicule aside :lol:). She deserves to be able to enjoy her dream car too. :mrgreen:

I've heard good things about https://www.penfed.org/used-auto-loan/ and I was initially going to get my loan through them before I realized I could just do it from my local bank and have it be a lot easier (although maybe not quite as cheap).

But that sounds like one of the "bad credit" loan situations where they would also have terrible terms and a high APR. My best bet is probably to find a credit union that has lax criteria. LOL

depends on the credit union. I got 2.75% with loan terms that would allow 100k miles and I think 20 years old. The car I ended up getting had 92k miles and about 10 years old.

depends on the credit union. I got 2.75% with loan terms that would allow 100k miles and I think 20 years old. The car I ended up getting had 92k miles and about 10 years old.

:nod:

Got 3.25% on a 6 year old Italian motorbike with 20k on it. Try out Neighborhood Credit Union.

I've heard good things about https://www.penfed.org/used-auto-loan/ and I was initially going to get my loan through them before I realized I could just do it from my local bank and have it be a lot easier (although maybe not quite as cheap).

Thanks for the heads up! If I can convince the wife and have a decent tax return / yearly bonus maybe I can seriously consider this option. Right now I think my #1 choice is a Challenger Scat Pack.

That is pretty loose on requirements and a decent APR! :D

^ Jealousy. :D

I kid, I kid...

Stop derailing my thread! :p

Wow, night and day difference on my car with the new LSD. My old one must have been going out for quite a long time (years!). Previously in autocross if the rear end stepped out (which it easily did), it'd be hard to hold it. I learned to be very conservative with the throttle while turning. This weekend was the first time I autocrossed it with the WaveTrac and it's like a whole new car. I didn't come close to spinning out even once (at least in the dry) and infact I was giving it extra gas in order to get the rear end to step out on purpose and steer with my right foot! Even in the rain I was able to slide it all around and never spun. I also tested doing low speed full lock circles and then slamming the gas and it was so predictable and stepped right back in. I'm absolutely amazed!

DRIFT EVERYWHERE!!

I still have wide (and expensive) tires though, so it's not like drifting a BRZ or something. :p

I still have wide (and expensive) tires though, so it's not like drifting a BRZ or something. :p

I guess there aren't any cheap ass chinese knock-off tyres available in 345(?)? :lol:

I guess there aren't any cheap ass chinese knock-off tyres available in 345(?)? :lol:

No, and even if there were, would I want to drive on them? lol

nice.. my m3 is sort of similar. It's really sketchy at times. I have a less-used LSD waiting to go in..

Tire Rack had a bunch of Pirelli Viper rears sitting in their warehouse that they were selling for like half price because they had 2012 date codes. They've been in their warehouse this whole time out of the sun though so supposedly they'll still give about 92% of the traction of a literally brand new tire. Hell of a deal! So I ordered a pair plus a pair of 2015 or 2016 fronts from a Viper parts seller who's a reseller.

I'm going from Super Sports in 345/30-19 and 275/35-18 to P-ZEROs in 355/30-19 and 295/30-18. Wide!

And speaking of cheap tires...

The reseller happens to be local and threw in an old set of Kumho XS track tires for $50, so I'm now the owner of these:

They're 345 rears and 315 fronts! Massively wide! Unfortunately they're date coded 2008 but once I get some heat into them, they should be fine for track use (and doughnuts :lol:).

Last edited: