Ownership Verified: Viper's 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (A 17+ Year Dream Come True!)

8 year old tires... in a Viper... in track use..?

Dude that's a good deal on those regardless of the age!

8 year old tires... in a Viper... in track use..?

Yeah, not ideal at all (I was unhappy when I saw the date code), but I'm told these tires that are super soft and will be okay once I get some heat into them. It's autocross on a runway so no risk.

I have the original set of wheels that came on the car still and I'm going to throw these nearly-free tires onto them.

If I decide I don't like them, I can always go back to my street tires and use these for doughnuts.

I have Kumho Ecsta XS tires on my M3. They took a long time to break in and start gripping.. they take heat and abuse well, but take longer than many tires to heat up in our cooler weather. Just keep that in mind if you're ever driving on them.

While i was still driving the Donkervoort on R888, after they reached about two years (and 6000km) the warm-up time was doubled, if not tripled in some instances.

So Doug DeMuro of former Jalopnik fame just picked up his new car, a Viper of similar generation to yours. How much his ownership/quirks experience matches yours?

Its a gen older. Ugh. Doug ruins everything.

Well, technically, it's two gens older. :p

So far, his Viper videos can even be considered good. Don't think that'll last long.

You're right, my mistake, SRT-10 much nicer

{ scratches balls }

I keep telling Doug to buy a race car, but noooooo. Never listens to coco.

I liked the videos, I don?t know who this guy is tho.. But I don?t agree Porsches don?t make any engine sound when idling, my Boxsters engine was about 15 cm behind my ears and the only thing separating us was a thin metal plate and a carpet. You love that sound, untill it drives you mad/ deaf..