Viper's Server Running FTB: Infinity Evolved (mods)

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I've decided to start dabbling in Minecraft again so I'm hosting a server to play on. You're welcome to join me if you want and are willing to follow a few simple rules. :)

IP / Port: Secret! Keep reading.
Mod Pack: Feed The Beast launcher and then the FTB Infinity Evolved 1.7 v2.x (Minecraft 1.7.10) pack. After you launch it for the first time, you need to quit, click "Edit Mod Pack", and then enable ChickenChunks from the disabled list.

Need to learn about the mods in this pack? Direwolf20 has a Let's Play series that you can watch. He's playing his pack which is very similar.

Simple Rules:

1. Leave everyone else's items and areas alone. Go find your own space to build, but feel free to visit others. Look but don't touch! ;)
  2. Please build at least 500 meters from spawn. I want to keep that area pristine. Press "B" to make a waypoint at spawn and then go for a walk away from spawn and others. The plan is to eventually make a town or something at spawn itself.
  3. Keep chunk loaders to a minimum. Be efficient with them. This is running on an Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz overclocked to 4.4GHz but it's also my Plex server and I also just want to keep the lag down.
  4. While PvP is enabled, this is meant to be a PvE server. No attacking others unless they want to battle.
  5. Don't be a dick.
  6. If you're going to pump lava from the nether, you must use an Ender-Thermic Pump because it replaces the lava blocks it sucks up with stone, preventing the flowing of lava and lag.
  7. BuildCraft quarries are not allowed. They're too laggy. Use an Ender Quarry, Laser Drill, or whatever instead.
  8. No overly destructive actions in the overworld please. I eventually want to build a Railcraft network (trains!) and would like to be able to lay track through pretty landscapes. :)
If in doubt, just ask me. :)

Mob griefing is off (no creeper damage to the world, only players).

Anyway, if you want to join me, reply below with your username below which acknowledges that you've read the above rules and then I'll private message you the hostname and port of the server.

Last edited:
Hello there. My Minecraft name is BuGRd.

Will there be an official chat program outside of the game?

Hello there. My Minecraft name is BuGRd.

Added you to the whitelist. Please don't fuck up my world. :eek:

I'm about 550m south of spawn so any other direction is fine to head to find your own plot of land to start building on and mining in. :)

(Again, head a ways out before starting please)

Will there be an official chat program outside of the game?

#minecraft on irc.finalgear.com. Messages are relayed between there and the server.

Hello Galantti is my name, and my friend is samailis we shall try to star Finnish coop

Added.

Turns out we do have protected chunks and stuff. Watch this video:

Oh, I need to add another preemptive rule, sorry: if you're going to pump lava from the nether, you must use an Ender-Thermic Pump because it replaces the lava blocks it sucks up with stone, preventing the flowing of lava and lag.

Is it possible to get a fiend added?

If yes, his name is Jman31337.

Done.

Well shit, this pack doesn't have Logistics Pipes. I really, really like that mod. FTB Infinity Evolved has it though, and supposedly the mod list is close enough that switching isn't hard.

I made a mod list comparison chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10pBhM4764rSeAlIHgE8Slzutmwbu4PE1AaawgHpGDIY/edit

Infinity is missing Modular Powersuits though which sucks, but there's a jetpack mod to make up for it.

I cloned the server's world and loaded it up locally as a single player world and everything seemed to work fine. If anything it has newer versions:

[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod Forge version 10.13.4.1448 and it is now at version 10.13.4.1558, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod bdlib version 1.9.3.107 and it is now at version 1.9.2.104, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod IC2 version 2.2.770-experimental and it is now at version 2.2.804-experimental, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Core version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod Forestry version 3.6.3.20 and it is now at version 3.6.6.24, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod Botania version r1.7-230 and it is now at version r1.7-237, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Builders version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Transport version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Energy version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Silicon version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Robotics version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod BuildCraft|Factory version 7.1.12 and it is now at version 7.1.13, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod ChickenChunks which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod CompactSolars which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod eirairc which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod endercore version 1.7.10-0.2.0.30_beta and it is now at version 1.7.10-0.2.0.31_beta, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod EnderIO version 1.7.10-2.3.0.417_beta and it is now at version 1.7.10-2.3.0.421_beta, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod factorization.notify which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod factorization.dimensionalSlice which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod factorization which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod factorization.misc which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod FlatSigns which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod FTBL version 1.0.11 and it is now at version 1.0.11.3, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod FTBU version 1.0.11 and it is now at version 1.0.11.3, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod gendustry version 1.5.2.107 and it is now at version 1.6.0.125, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod HelpFixer which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod IC2NuclearControl version 2.3.1a-Butt and it is now at version 2.3.3a-Exist, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod JourneyMapServer which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod Mystcraft version 0.12.3.00 and it is now at version 0.12.3.01, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod numina which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod powersuits which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod Morph which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod Morpheus version 1.7.10-1.6.10 and it is now at version 1.7.10-1.6.18, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod NotEnoughCodecs which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod notenoughkeys which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod ObsidiPlates which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/ERROR] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod PneumaticCraft which appears to be missing, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod PortalGun version 4.0.0-beta-5 and it is now at version 4.0.0-beta-6, things may not work well
[01:34:41] [Server thread/INFO] [fml.ModTracker/]: This world was saved with mod rftools version 4.01 and it is now at version 4.13, things may not work well

Anyway, any thoughts on switching? The only major change we'd need to make I think is that I'd delete the nether since only I've been there (I think?) and Infinity had Nether Ores (yay!).

EDIT: Well I just discovered one potential flaw. Infinity has Chicken Chunks disabled by default which means there's no easy chunk loading. Supposedly it can cause world corruption or crashes, but I don't know if that's true and have never run into that myself when using the mod pack. We could just force everyone to run a "custom" pack with that enabled.

Last edited:
Hello I am JMan 31337 GRtak's friend. I have ready the rules and look forward to playing.

Last edited:
Insert facepalm of shame. :stupid:

I'm switching packs. The server is now running FTB Infinity Evolved. All your stuff should transfer over smoothly but let me know if not!

A note: You need to install the pack, quit the game after it launches, and then click the "Edit Mod Pack" and enable ChickenChunks. You can then launch the pack again.

I'll post instructions for copying over client preferences (waypoints, etc.) in a bit.

For moving over waypoints and stuff, copy \direwolf20_17\minecraft\journeymap to \FTBInfinity\minecraft\journeymap

If that doesn't work, go to the journeymap\data\mp folder and copy the contents of the old one over to the new one.

Let me know if you need help.

Oh, and I reset the nether because world gen changed -- ores spawn there now.

Cool, I'm up for playing. Username is UKMatt2000. Might not be on much, I have a lot of plates in the air at the moment.

Cool, I'm up for playing. Username is UKMatt2000. Might not be on much, I have a lot of plates in the air at the moment.

Whitelisted.

Well after a shaky start (Apparently the default memory allocation isn't enough for the FTB mods) I somehow managed to head straight for someone else's base (what are the chances?) before finding a nice place and starting to build what will become the palace Holds Till.

Well after a shaky start (Apparently the default memory allocation isn't enough for the FTB mods) I somehow managed to head straight for someone else's base (what are the chances?) before finding a nice place and starting to build what will become the palace Holds Till.

Probably my base. I headed a cardinal direction (south) -- I should have headed in a random direction instead. Thanks for heading away from whoevers it was though. :)

As for RAM, yeah, you gotta turn it up. Since I have plenty on my computer to spare, I went into the launcher options and set it for 6GB. I don't think it ever uses close to that much though.

4.5GB was the first number I went to, ran fine. :)