Volkswagen is in trouble with just about everybody on the f'ing planet

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
and i think over here, MOT emission test on a diesel only tests CO2 and small particles
doesn't look at NOx and other substances...

luokyio

Merc Maniac
Car(s)
Model S, Soarer, Scorpio
and i think over here, MOT emission test on a diesel only tests CO2 and small particles
doesn't look at NOx and other substances...
Here only the K value (how thick black smoke comes out), nothing else. So practically you can delete DPF, catalysators and everything and still it would pass. As long as you don't tell the inspector.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
The plot thickens:

TTAC via Reuters said:
Reuters reported that sources within Volkswagen and its ongoing investigation have said the automaker created multiple versions of its ?defeat device? to cheat emissions tests.The news agency said a manager within Volkswagen and an official close to the external investigation ordered by the automaker have revealed the multiple programs, which were developed for four different engine types.
If true, the multiple emissions programs could indicate a widespread cheating program ? stretching nearly a decade ? that could have needed funding to continue, which would be in stark contrast to the ?rogue engineer? explanation offered by executives so far.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...of-cheating-software-developed-by-volkswagen/

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
The EPA and CARB have stated that the cars are still legal to drive as no recall has been issued yet. If you need to get an inspection the cars will be allowed to be tested and pass.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
This story has gone remarkably quiet, at least in the UK media. :tumbleweed:

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
This story has gone remarkably quiet, at least in the UK media. :tumbleweed:
over here there was another development that said EA288 euro5 engines or others might be affected as well. VW concluded after 8 hours of speculation that no, EA288 even in euro5 spec does not come with cheating software.

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
over here there was another development that said EA288 euro5 engines or others might be affected as well. VW concluded after 8 hours of speculation that no, EA288 even in euro5 spec does not come with cheating software.
And this was also confirmed by German investigators. I forgot to grab the link, but VW and the German regulators assure that the majority of cars will be fixed by software updates.

CD82

Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0 TDI
I'm still wondering about how Audi is going to contact me... The dealership I bought my car from no longer exists and since I bought the car I also moved to another country.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
I'm still wondering about how Audi is going to contact me... The dealership I bought my car from no longer exists and since I bought the car I also moved to another country.
I guess through the Swiss equivalent of the KBA.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
But they didn't do it in the States so it doesn't matter.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
Last edited:

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
and they do advertise the engine as "built in Germany"
I thougt that Opel got their Diesel engines from FIAT, im sure they did so until a few years ago ^^

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
I thougt that Opel got their Diesel engines from FIAT, im sure they did so until a few years ago ^^
Yeah... "a 2.0L turbocharged clean diesel engine designed in Italy, built in Germany and installed in Cruze at our factory in Lordstown, Ohio."