Volkswagen is in trouble with just about everybody on the f'ing planet

.... and the hits just keep coming.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ause-of-a-difference-in-their-understandings/

Matt Posky said:
Volkswagen?s Compliance Chief Splits Because Compliance Means Different Things To Different People, Apparently

Christine Hohmann-Dennhardt, Volkswagen Group AG?s compliance chief, is leaving the company after disputes with VW?s senior management regarding her responsibilities. Those duties primarily revolve around ensuring the automaker adheres to regulatory requirements ? something Volkswagen has had a difficult time with as of late.

After only a year with the company, Volkswagen confirmed Hohmann-Dennhardt will be leaving at the end of this month. According to an official statement, her exodus is ?due to differences in their understanding of responsibilities and future operating structures within the function she leads.?

Considering her role on the supervisory board consisted wholly of seeing Volkswagen through the devastating emissions crisis while improving its image and ensuring it did not commit anymore egregious unlawful acts, you have to wonder what those differences in understanding entailed.

Earlier this month, VW agreed to pay $4.3 billion in civil and criminal fines ? the largest U.S. criminal fine ever imposed on an automaker ? due to its nearly 10 years? worth of diesel emission testing fraud. In October, it reached a $14.7 billion settlement with affected U.S. buyers of those cars. Volkswagen paid out another $1.2 billion to American dealerships before the company settled things in December with diesel owners in Canada.

Dr. Hohmann-Dennhardt was appointed to Volkswagen AG?s management board with a central responsibility for its ?integrity and legal affairs? on January 1, 2016. The supervisory board named Hiltrud Werner, head of group auditing, as Hohmann-Dennhardt?s replacement.

?Volkswagen will continue to press forward with changes to its way of thinking and working. The Group has substantially elevated its commitment to working ethically and with integrity and is decentralizing its organization,? the company stated.

They certainly aren't processing things very fast. My mother has a Jetta Sportwagen tdi that she started the buyback process on all the way back in the beginning of November. She finally got a turn in date of March 24.

On the plus side, they're buying it back for more than my folks bought it for new and it's currently got 70k miles on it. Plus I get to drive it and park my FiST for the winter, keeping the wear and tear off my car and all on VW's car.

I suppose it's offset by the need to insure and register "the shame of Wolfsburg" for an extra 3 months.

At least you guys in the US can give the cars back. In Europe VW is a lot less welcoming, and offers little more than "turn your car in so we can fiddle with the engine management system a bit". At least they aren't charging for it. However, they're probably trying to charge for any hired car that you might need while your car is at the shop...

At least you guys in the US can give the cars back. In Europe VW is a lot less welcoming, and offers little more than "turn your car in so we can fiddle with the engine management system a bit". At least they aren't charging for it. However, they're probably trying to charge for any hired car that you might need while your car is at the shop...

That's because the US Government clapped a figurative legal gun to their head and made them do what they should have done voluntarily in the first place. Unlike .eu standards agencies (or at least what they seem to be) the modern US standards bodies do not collude with the USDM makers and they aren't anywhere near as corrupt. In fact, if anything, they're actively hostile towards the native USDM marques, again apparently unlike the EU ones. Perhaps .eu standards agencies need a few enemas with hydrochloric acid? :dunno:

Can you play the good old "I don't know much about cars" card here?

you are responsible for your property, if you don't know much about cars, don't buy one, or get yourself informed, but that's no excuse to break the law...

That's because US citizens are whiny little bitches.

FTFY.

Seriously, why should the whole car get dumped because the engine is slightly dirty(yeah, I know it's not slightly, I don't need a book report)? Retune and make it cleaner. Move on. Dumping the entire car seems like a complete waste of resources. Especially for how far this goes back. There should have been at least a statute of limitations. If your car is older than 5 years in my opinion is completely worthless to the OEM.

Volkswagen is in trouble with just about everybody on the f'ing planet

FTFY.

Seriously, why should the whole car get dumped because the engine is slightly dirty(yeah, I know it's not slightly, I don't need a book report)? Retune and make it cleaner. Move on. Dumping the entire car seems like a complete waste of resources. Especially for how far this goes back. There should have been at least a statute of limitations. If your car is older than 5 years in my opinion is completely worthless to the OEM.

Because VW *can't* make it cleaner. That's the problem. Retuning will not make the ones under buyback compliant with the law or even run significantly cleaner - especially not if they want to maintain fuel economy and power, not to mention emissions components' lifespan.

And there is a statute of limitations of sorts - a car in the US must remain emissions compliant for between 8-10 years *and* 100K. None of the cars being bought back are more than 10 years old.

Last edited:
The reports on how Americans abuse the system by stripping out cars before returning them say whiny greedy hitches to me though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk

It also says a huge amount of how little they understand the basic laws of supply and demand.

And the outcry when vw doesn't take their junked cars back is glorious

... and they deserve it, that VW won't buy them back ... stupid idiots ! Actually thinking about: VW should sue the people, who wanted them to buy back the "scrapped" cars ... I mean, its the USA. Everyone sue's each other anyway.

The reports on how Americans abuse the system by stripping out cars before returning them say whiny greedy hitches to me though.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk

That's an extremely rare behavior for American buy backs - but in this case it accurately reflects the demographics of the majority of people that bought the cars. Mostly younger, whiny liberal SJW types who believed they were Saving The Earth, who are now very angry that they've got to give their cars back and have been making noises about (unsurprisingly) keeping parts from their cars or even hiding their cars from the authorities. No, really, demographics studies show that most buyers of the Golf and Jetta TDIs (when new) were 18-34 year old Democrats.

This is by no means typical for American buy-backs. Neither the Dodge Ram or Toyota Tacoma buybacks of recent memory had this issue; in fact I can't think of any buy back in the past couple decades that had this happen in any report-worthy quantities.

Something worth mentioning - some, perhaps many of the people who are stripping their buyback cars aren't actually doing that with the expectation of keeping as many parts as possible or even getting paid for the car at all. They are doing so in a deliberate attempt to keep their cars; some forums are promoting this as a method to subvert the recall. Like many such pathetic schemes, it won't work out.

Here is a Venn diagram of these so-called "SJW" Volkswagen buyers and those who can remove parts from their cars themselves:

twocircles.png

Here is a Venn diagram of these so-called "SJW" Volkswagen buyers and those who can remove parts from their cars themselves:

twocircles.png

There are reports of people being paid to remove parts from recalled VWs now... :p Also, I've heard that said people are "removing' parts in the sense of just ripping them out/destroying them. SJWs can easily do destructive removal. :p

Looks like you are calling them boobs.

:rimshot:

Bosch settles lawsuit and VW reaches a settlement over the 3 liter diesels.

[video=youtube;IaXt-8vqJHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXt-8vqJHI[/video]