Volkswagen is in trouble with just about everybody on the f'ing planet

speaking of which, if you get an emissions test notice in the mail for a TDI VW, do you still go?

speaking of which, if you get an emissions test notice in the mail for a TDI VW, do you still go?
People have reported that they were due for emissions testing, they go in and things are fine. So I'd go.

and i think over here, MOT emission test on a diesel only tests CO2 and small particles
doesn't look at NOx and other substances...

and i think over here, MOT emission test on a diesel only tests CO2 and small particles
doesn't look at NOx and other substances...
Here only the K value (how thick black smoke comes out), nothing else. So practically you can delete DPF, catalysators and everything and still it would pass. As long as you don't tell the inspector.

The plot thickens:

TTAC via Reuters said:
Reuters reported that sources within Volkswagen and its ongoing investigation have said the automaker created multiple versions of its ?defeat device? to cheat emissions tests.The news agency said a manager within Volkswagen and an official close to the external investigation ordered by the automaker have revealed the multiple programs, which were developed for four different engine types.
If true, the multiple emissions programs could indicate a widespread cheating program ? stretching nearly a decade ? that could have needed funding to continue, which would be in stark contrast to the ?rogue engineer? explanation offered by executives so far.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...of-cheating-software-developed-by-volkswagen/

The EPA and CARB have stated that the cars are still legal to drive as no recall has been issued yet. If you need to get an inspection the cars will be allowed to be tested and pass.

And the people working to determine the fine at the EPA have just canceled the order for the barrel of lube.

This story has gone remarkably quiet, at least in the UK media. :tumbleweed:

This story has gone remarkably quiet, at least in the UK media. :tumbleweed:

over here there was another development that said EA288 euro5 engines or others might be affected as well. VW concluded after 8 hours of speculation that no, EA288 even in euro5 spec does not come with cheating software.

over here there was another development that said EA288 euro5 engines or others might be affected as well. VW concluded after 8 hours of speculation that no, EA288 even in euro5 spec does not come with cheating software.
And this was also confirmed by German investigators. I forgot to grab the link, but VW and the German regulators assure that the majority of cars will be fixed by software updates.

I'm still wondering about how Audi is going to contact me... The dealership I bought my car from no longer exists and since I bought the car I also moved to another country.

I'm still wondering about how Audi is going to contact me... The dealership I bought my car from no longer exists and since I bought the car I also moved to another country.
I guess through the Swiss equivalent of the KBA.

But they didn't do it in the States so it doesn't matter.

And how many diseasels did they shift there?

Last edited:
I thougt that Opel got their Diesel engines from FIAT, im sure they did so until a few years ago ^^

Yeah... "a 2.0L turbocharged clean diesel engine designed in Italy, built in Germany and installed in Cruze at our factory in Lordstown, Ohio."