Volkswagen Mk4 Chav 1.6

klankymen

BLT Master
Car(s)
plastic Japanese iPod dock on wheels
Well, since I've been on these forums for over a year now, and the car is gonna get scrapped soon, I figured I'd post it up before it's too late.

It's an unreliable piece of crap, but I kinda like it. All modifications pre-purchase, I wouldn't bother spending money on exterior modifications.

It's a 2000 Golf IV 1.6 with 102hp, and 123Mm on it, and it's got an ECM problem that costs as much to fix as the car is worth, which is why it's getting scrapped.

chavgolf1.jpg

chavgolf2.jpg

chavgolf3.jpg

chavgolf4.jpg

chavgolf5.jpg

Bonus pic of the car in it's natural state (broken down, with the hood up) :

chavgolf6.jpg

If not for that grille, it would not look half bad. Like the color and the wheels, and are those Hella smoked rear lights?

may i recommend to buy a second hand set of steel wheels, and sell these alloys ? You might get a good offer.

Though if it was me, i don't know in what condition the car has to be, but i would bolt off anything i can and sell them at dirt cheap prices afterwards, probably could get some hundred euros for that, it's still something.

oh and one more thing, in 3 days i'll celebrate 2 years of finalgearism so ... where's my parade ?

Last edited:
If not for that grille, it would not look half bad. Like the color and the wheels, and are those Hella smoked rear lights?

Thanks, I actually think the grille is kinda ok, golfs are so common, it kind of sets it off while not being as horrible as a bodykit or a spoiler. And I think the lights might just be dirty :lol:

may i recommend to buy a second hand set of steel wheels, and sell these alloys ? You might get a good offer.

Though if it was me, i don't know in what condition the car has to be, but i would bolt off anything i can and sell them at dirt cheap prices afterwards, probably could get some hundred euros for that, it's still something.

The winter tires are on steelies, so I'm gonna take the alloys off and wreck the car with the steelies.

I'm not sure if there's anything else worth selling, it still has the stock tape player and such in it. Seats? Who the hell would buy seats? The seats are pretty filthy anyways. I can imagine that there are plenty of spare parts for sale at the moment, since everyone probably has the same idea.

You know, a 2000 Golf 1.6 with 120tkm is worth 8000 euro here.

You know, a 2000 Golf 1.6 with 120tkm is worth 8000 euro here.

A good one's worth about 3500 here, and the ECM would cost 2200 for the new unit, plus labor, and the scrappage bonus is 2500.

Anyways, this golf wouldn't be worth 8000 in any country, it's a piece of shit with the finest VAG electronics available at the turn of the century.

Last edited:
When you have scrapped it, can you get pics of it post-destruction?

When you have scrapped it, can you get pics of it post-destruction?

That would be cool. Don't think it's possible, you just bring the car to the dealer, and drive away with the new car, they take care of the rest.

Looks like an ok car mate. Nice neighborhood too btw.

Looks like an ok car mate. Nice neighborhood too btw.

Haha, that's the parking lot of the Subaru dealer where I was test driving an Impreza :D

It certainly would here! With our taxes and all, I've seen Golfs the age of yours going for sale at something like 7k euros, and far from mint conditions...

A car that doesn't move is hardly a car, it's more of a... shed.

So what are you replacing it with?

Well, I don't really need a car, now that I live in the city, but we are getting a japanese 4-cylinder econobox for my mom to use, and me to share when I'm back in the suburbs visiting. Most likely a Honda.

I'd never have thought I'd see the day when I said this, but I'm kinda looking forward to a car that isn't all trouble, even if it does mean driving a washing machine.

Besides, the Munich subway has 1000hp, so I'll basically be a Veyron driver.

chavgolf7.jpg

Well, after 123299km (76615miles) the Golf is gone for good. Officially it's getting scrapped, but who knows, it might wind up in Africa, giving some warlord problems starting the engine.

It is (in the terms of the German Abwrackpr?mie scheme) being converted into a ?2500 discount on a new car for my mother, which I will also be able to use whenever I'm at home.

vtecjustkickedinyo.jpg

It's red, and I think it's some kind of Honda....

Nah, it's got back doors as well I think.

So, I presume the i-VTEC has just kicked in?

Yeah, the iVTEC has just kicked the German car industry in the balls for sucking ass.

lg493e6345f13aa.jpg
?

Although it's still the coupe version.