Volvo S60...XC

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
08JAN15_S60CC_cover.jpg

08JAN15_S60CC_03.jpg

http://www.swedespeed.com/news/Volvo_News/volvo-takes-cross-country-brand-sedan-territory/

Why...just...why???

Just came here to post this..... Didn't see that coming, but that said, I like it.

Reminds me of the old lifted Legacy Outback sedans.
Al7NCcs.jpg

Unfortunately it looks closer to those ugly coupe-SUV-thingies (i.e. X4) than a lifted sedan... that just doesn't look sedan anymore with the tiny bit of trunklid left.

lolwat

Unfortunately it looks closer to those ugly coupe-SUV-thingies (i.e. X4) than a lifted sedan... that just doesn't look sedan anymore with the tiny bit of trunklid left.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? Now I can't unsee it :(

The AMC Eagle SX/4 lives again. This time with 4 doors.

You mean like this?

CC-33-003-800.jpg

with things like these and the X6, it turns out AMC was just ahead of the curve.

You mean like this?

CC-33-003-800.jpg

with things like these and the X6, it turns out AMC was just ahead of the curve.

That or young engineers from AMC are now executives at companies like Volvo and BMW and still pushing their old agenda :lol:

No...just...no. Really? No.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it won't look nearly as bad in the flesh. I'll have pictures up from NAIAS when I go.

The lighting of the pictures is rather unfortunate. I'm sure it will look rather good in person. It's a competitor to Octavia/Superb Scout or Passat/Audi Allroads.

Passat-Alltrack_2303813c.jpg
Skoda-Octavia-Scout-1-8-TSI-fotoshowImage-88490311-279506.jpg
Audi_Allroad.jpg

Except...it's a sedan, so while you are going "off-road" with your increased ground clearance, you can't bring many toys with you either in the trunk, nor on the shorter roof rails on the sedan's roof (if you can even get them).

The lighting of the pictures is rather unfortunate. I'm sure it will look rather good in person. It's a competitor to Octavia/Superb Scout or Passat/Audi Allroads.

Except Volvo already has a competitor to the cars you mentioned that isn't a sedan
https://www.media.volvocars.com/glo...1521/volvo-cars-reveals-new-v60-cross-country

Also this raises a question of naming convention. Before 2003, the Cross Country was called the V70XC. After that Volvo switched the format to XC70 which it then used for SUV/crossover lines like XC90 and XC60. Are they going to go back to V60XC and S60XC for these cars since there already is a XC60?

Last edited:
It is indeed a factory donk.

Oh God,i was thinking it was just a joke, a false rumor but it's true? Volvo is really going to produce a lifted S60?

I just can't understand why someone would want this thing, it's as pointless as the "adventure" versions of some popular hatchbacks and minivans we have here.