Volvo V60 reveal...I'm liking the company's new ownership

Mitlov

Car(s)
2011 Civic Si, 2002 SV650
Not an attitude I've seen in a Volvo commercial since, well, forever:

And the press release states:

The Volvo V60 makes its entry onto the car market with its sights firmly set on giving the all-new S60 sedan model a tough match over the title of "The Most Dynamic Volvo Model Ever".

http://www.netcarshow.com/volvo/2011-v60/ (full gallery there too)

I can't wait to see whether the V70R is actually superseded as the most dynamic Volvo ever, or whether this is just a new ad philosophy for the same old pleasant-but-soft-edged family cars.

it needs to be more....boxy, still great though.

Volvo is still owned by Ford.

Volvo is still owned by Ford.

The contract to sell was finalized and executed in March. All that remains is the literally transfer of title. I can't believe that Ford would still actively be steering the ship in the interim.

Take this ad. Given the Chinese imagery, I can't imagine that Ford, not Geely, was involved in making this ad.

The music does seem very... Scandinavian. Sounds like the crap they like to use on those Getaway in Stockholm videos. Awesome action shots of it understeering in a small puddle of water BTW.

So given that most of these scenes were all shot around LA that the US will still continue to get Volvo wagons?

So given that most of these scenes were all shot around LA that the US will still continue to get Volvo wagons?

they've filmed renault ads in Vegas, so i don't think that that has anything to do with it. hopefully the chinese will wise up and realize what a real volvo is and start selling them here again.

The contract to sell was finalized and executed in March. All that remains is the literally transfer of title. I can't believe that Ford would still actively be steering the ship in the interim.

Take this ad. Given the Chinese imagery, I can't imagine that Ford, not Geely, was involved in making this ad.

That's an ad agency choice more than anything.

It'll be four years until we start seeing cars designed from a Geely owned Volvo.

Does that auto have some sort of manual function, or are they just pretending it's a manual with the two shots of him shifting from P to D?

That front end is HIDEOUS.

I miss the bricks!

So is this to replace the V50, V70 or be a whole new model altogether? I would guess the V50. Either way, I fucking love it.

What song is that in the ad?

Mustash with Double Nature.

So is this to replace the V50, V70 or be a whole new model altogether? I would guess the V50. Either way, I fucking love it.
The V60 will not replace the V70. The V70 is for people with 2,2 children. V60 is a lifestyle car for young professionals with ? children. Alright I can stretch to 1,3 children. Something like that. V50 might go, might stay. Cargowise the V60 is 50 liters bigger so it's almost the same, the real difference lies in the segmentation, V60 is premium, V50 is standard. If Volvo wants to be premium, V50 must go. Too much Ford.

The anteater face grows on you, didnt like it at first, think it looks good now. Makes it stand out as well.

Last edited:
Ridiculously small boot for a Volvo Estate. Honestly, even the CLS shootingbreak concept has a bigger boot, and it is a coupe of some sort.

...Volvo is trying to be Premium, copying Audi I guess.

Mustash with Double Nature.

The V60 will not replace the V70. The V70 is for people with 2,2 children. V60 is a lifestyle car for young professionals with ? children. Alright I can stretch to 1,3 children. Something like that. V50 might go, might stay. Cargowise the V60 is 50 liters bigger so it's almost the same, the real difference lies in the segmentation, V60 is premium, V50 is standard. If Volvo wants to be premium, V50 must go. Too much Ford.

The anteater face grows on you, didnt like it at first, think it looks good now. Makes it stand out as well.

the V50 will be gone. even if this thing has a tiny trunk, it must be massive in comparison to the V50. My mom got one as a zipcar once, and it was so impractical.