Vote rig: Guardian best TV show of the noughties

Does anybody here watch the show? I've never seen an episode and I'm curious whether it's worth to wait for my 24GB download of the whole series :D

If you don't have the attention span of a 5 year old, like characters that are more than just cardboard cutouts and long, well thought out stories as well as realism instead of non-stop action, and have no problem with intelligent TV, then yes, you should most definately watch it.
I think it's truly one of the all time greats.

Because some people aren't idots.
I voted for The Wire.:)

I was very split between The Wire and TG, tough choice. Both are great for completely different reasons. But I dunno, at the end of the day, TG is still 'just' an entertainment/car show for me... The Wire is just so much deeper.
That said, I still voted for TG. :confused: /peer pressure

Last edited:
TG is second at the moment with 11.5% :clap:. Only The Wire is ahead with 12.4%.

And Top Gear is in the lead with 12,4 % :mrgreen:

TG's lead is now more than 3%. I think I know who will win! But they certainly deserve it:beer:

Perhaps we shouldn't make it too obvious? I'll be voting for QI now to try to get them into second place. ;)

Meh, I voted for Life On Mars, the only TV series I've even bothered enough to to on DVD.

And if I hadn't voted for that it would have Been QI, and then TG. I can't be bothered to vote more than once.

Is it possible to vote more than once? I didn't know that... Well, I don't care. TG will win and obviously it has other fans than the ones on Final Gear. And most of us probably only voted once.

QI is a worthy contender. I enjoy Peep Show too, but I wouldn't vote for it as 'the best show'.

Sorry, I couldn't not vote for QI :sad:

And 20 or so minutes later, they're still first at 18.6%

New Top 5

7% The West Wing
10.1% The Wire
22.7% Top Gear
7.8% QI
7.3% Buffy the Vampire Slayer

's going well.

Posted by Guardian editor Jason Deans at 2.10 pm on the Guardian website

@MattWeston - cos top gear fans have got organised:
forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/vote-rig-guardian-best-tv-show-of-the-noughties-37970/

including this nice touch:

"COPY PASTE THE LINK SO THEY DON'T SEE WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM"

Link!

:oops:

:wave:

LOL LindenChase. That's funny. I wonder if they care or not.

The lead is now more than 16%. This is starting to look like a landslide.

9.6% The Wire
25.9% Top Gear

The lead is now more than 16%. This is starting to look like a landslide.

9.6% The Wire
25.9% Top Gear

No it isn't. Read my post two above yours. We've been caught redhanded. :cool:

Sorry, but if I can only choose 1, it has to be BSG. TG and QI are fantastic and I adore them, but BSG is easily the best written, acted, and directed series I've ever seen. And it knew to quit when it had told its story.

Stiff competition on that list, as well, with The Wire and Arrested Development. Those are some tough choices.