The Stig: vs. F1

Tranquillizer

Car(s)
Holden Statesman WH V8 GEN III
i hope they mention in the news and show a bit of clip of Mr. Stiggington . TG hasnt shown him much this season, i mean i thought stiggy would do laps in AMG Black, RS6 and Brooklands. but to my disappointment he didnt.

L2D

Car(s)
1999 Toyota Camry V6
Actually, on the challenges DVD, when stig does the Ascari lap, you can sorta see him through his visor.

PaperBiro

Car(s)
a Veloster
I thought we'd agreed on who The Stig is already?

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
It's Michael Schumacher. I knew it all along.
It isn't, the helmet isn't big enough to fit his head and his ego in. And it's not Ralf, because TG don't crash many cars.

Just for the record, Alonso talks out of his arse.

Blythy

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf GTI (Mk V)
Now if I was the BBC, and the stig is young enough, I'd try and get stig into a car to compete for the british grand prix in 2009. It'd be worth a shot :p Even if it was a force india/torro rosso/toyota/whatever shit team decides to join F1 on a one year funding plan only for the second year to go bad when one of the sponsors decides that paying people is a bad idea.

idk

Car(s)
Hyundai i30N Performance
Since i'm not a native english speaker... can sb tell me whether "STIG" has any meaning at all? Cant find it in any dictionary... so is that really just a random name, that sb made up?

PaperBiro

Car(s)
a Veloster
Since i'm not a native english speaker... can sb tell me whether "STIG" has any meaning at all? Cant find it in any dictionary... so is that really just a random name, that sb made up?
"Stig" was the name given to new pupils at Repton School, which both Jeremy and the show's producer, Andy Wilman, grew up.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Stig has it's origins in a kids' story called "Stig of the Dump" where a boy called Barney discovers a stone age caveman (Stig) living in a chalk pit full of junk while staying with his grandparents.

It was subsequently used at Repton School (attended by both Clarkson and producer Andy Wilman) to describe any new pupil until they had made their mark or people had learned their name. TG Stig is therefore so-called because his name is unknown.

That is as far as I understand the origins. I'm sure other members will add to/detract from this information according to their understanding/beliefs, so if anyone has additional or contrary info I'm curious too.

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
Now if I was the BBC, and the stig is young enough, I'd try and get stig into a car to compete for the british grand prix in 2009. It'd be worth a shot :p Even if it was a force india/torro rosso/toyota/whatever shit team decides to join F1 on a one year funding plan only for the second year to go bad when one of the sponsors decides that paying people is a bad idea.
Thats a great idea, but unfortunately it'd be pretty hard to pull off. Formula One, how hard can it be?

RedAero

I still say he's a former rally driver. Every time an F1 driver was at the track, they took a different line at the first corner, and Jeremy often pointed it out.

Oh and Stig Blomqvist. Hint hint?