VW E-Golf

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
So I have family member (no not my brother, he is happy with his Tesla Model S) who is keen on getting himself an EV for him and his family and had decided on the new mark 7 VW E-Golf.

As many know, Norway has zero taxes on EV which not only means you save $ on the purachse but our laws also allow EVs to driving in bus lane, free parking, free tollroads++.
So the starter price for the E-Golf is only $37000 and fully spec'ed (and then I mean fully, as can't fit anything else - all boxes ticked) it's about $48000.
Then you'll get a reversing cam, toned windows from b-pillar to the rear, heat pump, the good stereo (incl. DAB radio), key less go, parking sensors, leather, light package, winter tires +++ the works. Has a 115 hp enigne (0-100 km/h in 10 sec), it charges in 6-8 hrs and provides 190 km of effortless driving depending on drivestyle, temp and how much you haul. Range is between 100-130 km in winter time, 130-190 in summer time.

Already before it came out here it sold out, more than 2000 contracts were signed in Norway - and these are unseen cars. I think he will get his around march if he places his order today. He stilll hasn't decided if he wants to go for the heat pump, which lenthens the range with around 10 to 20% depending on the outside temp.

What do you guys think of it? Seems like car journalists dig it.

[video=youtube;WVhQGke4u-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVhQGke4u-w[/video]

Last edited:
Well, it's a Golf. You can't go wrong, really. And because of the norwegian FUCK YOU taxes (and the fact that EVs are exempt) it's probably attractively priced too.

If he's OK with the crappy range, I'd say go ahead.

Crappy range compared to the TMS (total different price range also) yes and to petrol/diesel cars yes. But more than enough range for commuting traffic-free to and back from his work place.

Also, I could watch this for hours :D

I know, really cheap!

That's cheaper than cheapest-basic-spec Nissan Leaf here... Doesn't make it cheap though :D

What is cheap? What is expensive? How much money do you make? How much money do I make? How much does it cost to live where I live? How much does it cost to live where you live? It's all relevant. A bike is expensive if you only have 1 Dollar.

I think in this case the most usually it is compared to similarly-sized petrol/diesel cars. Leaf-sized petrol cars are under 20 000 ?, and e-Golf will quite probably be at least double-priced here compared to regular 1.2TSI. That is what I call steep. :)

Did you miss my point? I'm talking about here, in Norway, buying it in NOKs, not Finish money in Finland for people living in Finland.

Did you miss my point? I'm talking about here, in Norway, buying it in NOKs, not Finish money in Finland for people living in Finland.
Calm down :)

This particular model of the Golf is not sold here so I'm just curious, how does that price compare to the regular petrol Golf? Sorry if this is off topic.

The eGolf starts at 252k, a well-equipped 1.2TSI DSG starts at 311k. Their car configurator is borked right now so I can't tick ALL the boxes :mad:

BMW i3? I particularly like the smart interiors.

The eGolf starts at 252k, a well-equipped 1.2TSI DSG starts at 311k. Their car configurator is borked right now so I can't tick ALL the boxes :mad:

Ha it is! "Car configurator is offline for remodeling". How stupid is that. Keep the configurator online, remodel it, deploy the new one! Anyway if you live in Oslo the e-Golf makes perfect sense. In fact if every city was Oslo they'd be selling nothing but e-Golfs. But here I'd just be able to go back and forth between the cinema and IKEA, and it's 100 km to my job one way. No there are no charging stations there either.

Actually scratch that, they built a new cinema a few weeks ago and the new one doesnt have charging stations so I'd be forever stuck at IKEA. For how long can one live in an IKEA before they find you... :think:

Why are there so many hoses and tubes on an electric motor?

Last edited:
This particular model of the Golf is not sold here so I'm just curious, how does that price compare to the regular petrol Golf? Sorry if this is off topic.

You couldn?t be more ON topic if you tried! The Golf 7 is available in 7 editions, shows in NOK so divide by 6,5 to get $.

Trendline, which is the model to compare the E-Golf with price wise, is either the 1,2 tsi 85 hp or the 1,6 tdi 90 hp

For how long can one live in an IKEA before they find you... :think:

totally OT, but a long time!
a few weeks ago a girl decided it would be fun to go play hide and seek in ikea, and made a facebook event for her friends, only forgot to make it private. few days later she had 13000 participants :lol:
but ikea got aware, and they played along! invited everyone, and this afternoon, in batches of 100, you could go play hide and seek.

some people need to be called up with the intercom, because they turned out to be unfindeable :lol:

totally OT, but a long time!
a few weeks ago a girl decided it would be fun to go play hide and seek in ikea, and made a facebook event for her friends, only forgot to make it private. few days later she had 13000 participants :lol:
but ikea got aware, and they played along! invited everyone, and this afternoon, in batches of 100, you could go play hide and seek.

some people need to be called up with the intercom, because they turned out to be unfindeable :lol:

That is hillarious! Speaking of IKEA, this is kind of LOL (from the brothers who gave you What Does that damn Fox Say...)