VW Golf Mk VII - Details emerge

Ultimately, its going to look like a bigger version of this, right?

2011-Volkswagen-Polo-GTI-Front-Angle-View.jpg

No, the current Mk VI Golf looks like a larger version of that.

They actually managed to make it uglier at the front.

That's the new VW look. It's pretty much the same as the current Jetta and Passat.

The VI had them up by the door handle.

This "highline" version has some nice small details on the outside. I?m not sure if I like the center of the bonnet being lifted outwards and with straight lines more then the current version (lines are more angular and the bonnet-center goes "down") ... but I think that?s one of those things you?ll have to see it in person to see if good or bad.

Do want. I like how the top of the dash has a contour line that reminds of the MK IV's dashtop.

Dunno if we'll get the brown leather interior but my God I hope so...

Sentra or Golf...decisions...decisions...

We could call it Golf 6.5, but then again - all golfs since Mk4 have been on the evolutionary path, and Golf is a symbol of stability, not quirky design experiments.

This Golf actually looks great, it is serious as Golf should be, but with a little dash of awesomeness.

Prices are looking good, either identical or a few hundred ?s lower than the VI depending on engine and trim. I'd wager that standard kit is same or better.

The cheapest model was and still is 16975?, but in the VI you get a silly n/a 1.4 and now you get a nice 1.2TSI - that used to be 500? more expensive.

Fuel looks good as well, the new BlueMotion Golf is supposed to exceed the figures of the BlueMotion Polo we saw in the Blackpool race (3.2l/73mpgus compared to 74mpguk). Bigger car, less fuel sounds good to me.
The 140hp petrol is supposed to do 4.8l/49mpgus, sounds good as well. This matches the new 1.0 Focus that's advertised as the most efficient petrol compact around here - despite having 40 more horsepower in the Golf :lol:

Last edited: