Rumour Mill: VW is doing a Passat CC Shooting brake?

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Passat Alltrack
According to "insiders" at VAG, VW is planning a shooting brake version of the Passat CC.

It's going to be MQB based and be powered by the usual lineup of 4-pots with and without spark plugs.
VW doesn't want to comment on the rumors, of course.

Source link (in funny language): http://www.automotorsport.se/artikl...lkswagen-cc-shooting-brake-en-snyggare-passat

edit: I should add, the photo is just a mockup. Can't beleive I forgot to mention that.

Last edited:
That looks like the Toyota Venza. Might be the color though.

Looks rather good for a shooting brake. Like it.

That looks almost identical to the CLS shooting brake. Here's another for all German cars are starting to look the same. :p

I prefer the normal Passat over the CC, to be honest. Same goes for the normal estate over this.

Then again, I also have a thing for the Alltrack and all the other tarted-up wagons we've seen since Volvo put out the V70XC in the late 90's so I guess most people here would agree that there's something wrong with me. :lol:

I'm all for it. And if cars like these can get hideous boxy MPVs and unnecessary Chelsea Tractors off the roads and people into stylish and practical wagons then I'll be a happy men. Finally car makers are realising that "estate" doesn't have to mean "bland snotbox with a cupboard on the back".

I'm all for it. And if cars like these can get hideous boxy MPVs and unnecessary Chelsea Tractors off the roads and people into stylish and practical wagons then I'll be a happy men. Finally car makers are realising that "estate" doesn't have to mean "bland snotbox with a cupboard on the back".

dd02c605de.jpg

ARGH

This is not a shooting brake! This is a STATION WAGON. is everyone but me missing the fact that this has 4 doors? The CLS I can understand but this is taking the spin too far.

I also can't understand it with the CLS...

I don't even accept the original CLS as a coupe- I mean why? because it hat pillarless doors? Subaru did that long before Mercedes ;D

These are just estate cars, good looking ones at that, but I think it's ridiculous that they are trying so hard to invent something new...

ARGH

This is not a shooting brake! This is a STATION WAGON. is everyone but me missing the fact that this has 4 doors? The CLS I can understand but this is taking the spin too far.

Exactly. That is a station wagon. Shooting brakes are supposed to be 2 door cars that fit between a station wagon and a 3-door hatchback. Sports, but utilitarian.

I also can't understand it with the CLS...

I don't even accept the original CLS as a coupe- I mean why? because it hat pillarless doors? Subaru did that long before Mercedes ;D

These are just estate cars, good looking ones at that, but I think it's ridiculous that they are trying so hard to invent something new...

Because people want something new and interesting. That's why the bloody awful BMW X6 managed to sell so well. People with higher disposable incomes want something good looking, but something new and different, so they will have something "better" than their peers in their company-paid mid-management saloons or estates.

I saw the CLS shooting brake in person and it's a weird looking thing. Bt this CC looks rather handsome, assuming it makes it into production looking like the render.