Spied: VW New Beetle UNVEILED

Dosen't look too bad IMO.

I'm sure the GF would want one. I guess it will be priced about the same as a Scirrocco?

Why would anyone have that over a Scirocco? :p

I quite like the interior of it, gauges included.

No thank you VW, here's a thought, design something new. Not something old.

I like it, they got rid of the weird headlamp design seen in spy shots. Now about that AWD version.

Last edited:
I prefer the old-new-Beetle. :)P)
This one looks like it's trying to be serious too much, which I think is a wrong way of interpreting the Beetle way - it IS a beetle after all. It's not a men's car, it should make you smile when you see one going the other way (which I do everything that happens). That new one appears to be wannabe-Scirocco, instead of being the innocent smiley-on-wheels that it should be. :(

1999_volkswagen_beetle_2_dr_gls_hatchback-pic-57722.jpeg

^ "Ohai ^_^"

Thing is, that niche is pretty small. They needed to expand the Beetle's appeal so more than high school/college girls and older hippies would buy it. The current car's more of a joke these days than "wow, that's cool."

No thank you VW, here's a thought, design something new. Not something old.

That's the issue with every retro inspired car...how to update the design w/out losing what made the outgoing car so unique. This same issue did the PT Cruiser in, and will do the same to Chevy's HHR.

I personally think this is a successful redesign, clearly a new car yet it retains a lot of the charm of the outgoing model.

It's going on sale with a range of engines starting with the 1.4 TSI and the 2.0 TSI and the 1.6 TDI and 2.0 TDI.

It's really not that bad at all. And that Turbo model is like a 911's cute baby.

vw_red_beetle_front.jpg

vw_red_beetle_rear.jpg

vw_black_beetle_front_profile.jpg

vw_black_beetle_profile.jpg

vw_black_beetle_rear_profile.jpg

vw_black_beetle_rear.jpg

vw_black_beetle_interior.jpg

vw_black_beetle_interior_dash.jpg

The Fuchs inspired wheels look good as well.

Last edited:
Fuck you VW I am going to have to buy this aren't I? :cry:
I WANTED A MIATA WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME.
*bangs head on wall*

Okay, the Turbo looks awesome.

Also, what's Fender's logo doing in the satnav screen of that black one? D:

Last edited:
Okay, the Turbo looks awesome.

Also, what's Fender's logo doing in the satnav screen of that black one? D:

Well, the main VW site is currently a big coming soon ad for it and says "available with 200 hp turbocharged engine and Fender premium audio system" So I assume that means they switched it from monsoon to fender.