Autoblog: VW pokes fun at motorcyclists in new spot for South Africa

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
[video=youtube;k8gGGt-DxaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gGGt-DxaA[/video]

Are you an idiot? Buy a VW!

Has Clarkson been 'helping' VW to make adverts again?

Not the best ad they've authorised a firm to make.

The new New New Beetle (no error) one is kinda fun.

Or this one:

Of all the car ads, they do have some of the best. Hurray.............

Actually the current Beetle is just a Beetle, they dropped the "New" :p

So they make fun of vehicles with soul, passion, excitement, fun, adventure, camaraderie, thrills, and good memories then advertise against them using a car that has no soul, heart, excitement, fun, or anything else remotely enjoyable by a living, breathing human being.

Oooooooookayyyyyyyyyyy.

It's a good ad, only dislike the cheesy end. Cut at the car driving up and call it a day.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Volkswagen and Suzuki splitting?

I would guess it probably does.

Um, yeah... if I'm on my bike and a F*ckin Jetta passes me the last thing I do is give them a nod or any kind of notice. :rolleyes:

Exactly. What's even funnier is that most Harley riders won't even wave or nod at non-Harley motorcycles (which is what the rest of the community does - wave to each other as we pass) - forget about a car. Especially some boring "krautmobile" as the Harley riders would be the first to call it.

Very, very wishful thinking on VW's part.

It's a good ad, only dislike the cheesy end. Cut at the car driving up and call it a day.

No, it's stupid.

Last edited:
I saw one of these billboards today:

2012-beetle-66-yrs-620x255.jpg

Not a very good advert for performance. :p

That biker ad for the Jetta was just so stupid. It might've been a bit better if it was for the Beetle, but the Jetta? Really?

Well, it?s South Africa.
:shrug:

I think the best part of the ad fail here is the fact that I have been hit in the face with stuff from the back of a truck and had my map fly away IN MY VW because it happens to be a convertible. If they were going to approach such an ad it would have made more sense to have people riding bikes then a thunderstorm happens vs a convertible putting it's top up or something so it would at least illustrate SOME advantage.

Like anyone would choose a uber-boring Jetta over any motorbike for a fun/adventure weekend drive/ride:rolleyes:.

Are you a dull, gray, dreary, imaginationless person who is so useless at anything other than riding a desk you can't read a map or keep a bike upright?
And are you such a wimp you get scared shitless if somebody even looks remotely dangerous? Buy a VW.

Seems to fit the stereotype realy :dunno:

Last edited:
lol, quite a funny advert, but at least they could have dropped the CA plate.

Kaapstad is for fags.