VW Scirocco in Live for Speed

FireFox

Not the Browser
Car(s)
Ford Fiesta (2008), sold Toyota Carina II.
scawen said:
Hello LFS racers.

I confirm we are making a Scirocco that will be used at the Games Convention.

It's a 200 bhp front wheel drive road car. We are very pleased to have the permission to include a production road car in LFS that we think looks nice and handles well.

We had to make it quickly in time for the Games Convention as of course that was part of the deal. Further testing and refinement will be done at a later date before it is included in the public version of Live for Speed, but we don't know yet when that will be.
German source: http://www.turtle-entertainment.de/?home&archive&601

Something like this?
800px-VW_Scirocco_TSI.JPG

LFS Screenshot:
https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2008/08/18/vw_sci2.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this was some kind of photoshop job or something :shock:

It's great that they add a new (real) car but I would like to see 'race' features. Features that can be used for leaque races like working pitlane lights & warming up lap and a safety car.

If this is true it'll be great, I know people have been banging on about real cars for ages now. I personally think new cars will be of greater benefit than extra features.

I may have to install LFS for the first time in a few years. :)

A new car will be great for new content and a new feel. IMO you racing with the 'simple features' in LFS. You can still race with the current content cars with those new features. They will provide some new tradition to a race. Although it doesnt matter much, you still know almost each bump in a track and making it a bit boring again.
So i'm back to square one. :cry:

If this is true it'll be great, I know people have been banging on about real cars for ages now. I personally think new cars will be of greater benefit than extra features.

Really? How about rain? ;)

Really? How about rain? ;)

Well you beat me there, rain and night racing with lights would be amazing. I was really only talking about Firefox's suggestions of pitlane lights and a safety car. :)

An Evo X would make a nice partner for the Scirroco though

Quote from Scawen from 2 months ago:
While most people will be happy to see these improvements, we predict that some will be disappointed that the other GTR cars are not yet done. But don't worry, the FZ updates are near complete and we are keen to get that released along with the FXO updates as soon as possible.
The remaining GTR updates are part of the needed updates for LFS S2 to lose the ALPHA tag. Some other updates that should mostly be done to get out of ALPHA are :
- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors
Because the Scirocco had to be done before the event (end of August) they other features as described above are pushed to the side and extend the final release of S2. For example you need to change the way you race or be more carefull if wings can break, or a better collision physics. All those points are IMO important to keep on racing.

I don't think adding new cars use that much of Scawens time. So those other things were not delayed that much even with addition of the Scirocco. Only things that could have been delayed were the interiors and Westhill update.

Last edited:
It's great that they add a new (real) car but I would like to see 'race' features. Features that can be used for leaque races like working pitlane lights & warming up lap and a safety car.

Seconded. I'd like to see them improve the simulation of a race program to the level that the simulation of physics is at.

wow! that's remarkable! Tomorrow I'm buying an old scirocco, and I was just about to search for some games that had either the old or the new scirocco in them, and then this suddenly popped up! :D

wow thats cool. Hope it comes out in the demo also (Prays)

Sorry.
IGNORE!!!!
really sorry

Last edited:
24GBP, IMO, is very cheap for how much you get from the game. However, soon, not sure when though, we'll be trying the demo league again, and this time i can put up a S2 license as the first place prize. That is if people show up this time, unlike last time i tried.

^ Lets make an announce thread, then we can decide when to start it, after 10 signups for example.
btw, 24 British pounds = 4762 Sri Lankan rupees.

Thats the problem - Rs.4762
In a shop a DVD game would cost only about Rs.150 to Rs.200
A PS2 game would be like Rs.300
Danm cheap, but Rs.4700 for a PC game is a bit too much :(
I would like to get some pictures for you all to see. If my phones USB cable works I will upload them.