W115 240D..aka the 2nd mercedes.

I just changed the master cylinder on my car. While the brakes are among the most important security equipment on a car, the amount of fuzz people make about working on the brake system is clearly over the top. As with ever other part of the car, if you know what you're doing and are precise and thorough on the execution of your plan, you can change the master cylinder yourself, it's not that hard at all.

I just changed the master cylinder on my car. While the brakes are among the most important security equipment on a car, the amount of fuzz people make about working on the brake system is clearly over the top. As with ever other part of the car, if you know what you're doing and are precise and thorough on the execution of your plan, you can change the master cylinder yourself, it's not that hard at all.

True - the repair manual for my bike doesn't contain anything about work on the brakes, except for changing pads and fluid. Because, as the author says in the foreword, "work on the brakes should always be done by a professional garage". It doesn't even mention how to remove the calipers, but he still trust people to tear down the whole engine, gearbox, etc.
Yet I still managed to rebuild the rear caliper, replace the brake lines, and install a new rear master cylinder just fine.
Granted, it's probably all a bit simpler than on a car, but the point still stands. If you're mechanically inclined it's certainly not impossible to do yourself imo, just take some extra care.

Well, my problem is that the car is in Hungary, and I am in Finland...