Ownership Verified: w210 - Silver arrow

Great car but looking at that last photo there you have a bit of a rust issue. What's it like underneath?

07RUST_CA0-articleLarge.jpg

It is a Mercedes from the 90's, Rust was kinda their thing, same with early 2000's.

this is what the last Merc i worked on looked like once i got my hands on it :p silly rust.
http://imageshack.**/a/img822/9004/dsc00134xt.jpg

Also, the w210 is low stock, my friends parents had one, and getting onboard ferries meant nearly tearing the exhaust off, i imagine it's a even bigger problem with yours :p

by Boobo_oobo, on Flickr

by Boobo_oobo, on Flickr

by Boobo_oobo, on Flickr

by Boobo_oobo, on Flickr

by Boobo_oobo, on Flickr

WP_20140622_21_57_20_Pro.jpg

Car feels like a beater more and more every day. The rust problem cant be fixed without taking the car apart and doing a whole restoration, which is out of my budget. So I'm keeping it running and fixing the crucial things. Right now the engine is giving me problems cause its in safe mode all the time. It does need a intake cleaning, and badly I presume, saw a taxi w210 220CDI same as mine at the mechanics, they took the intake out and boy was that clogged up. Same thing with mine i guess. Pics from a recent ~900km trip, which went OK-ish, considering the current state. Love the fact that i spend a bit more than 3/4 of the tank, which is great I guess. I do have two sets of tires now, which i like. But the camber ate a big part of the inside winter tires. Not unusable, but more than I thought it would be.

Time to swap cars as long as you can still get some money for it in the used car market.

Time to swap cars as long as you can still get some money for it in the used car market.

It needs a lot of work to put it for sale, don't thing anyone will buy it in this state and I wouldn't feel right to only cover up the rust and faults, and sell a cat-in-a-bag . . .

HI Boobo-oobo

very good job

may I learn it from you?!

My shifter looks like

s-l225.jpg

I also learn the gear video from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbVJ_p6bTig
month ago then see your work
and
I learned four wires should be found and make change
is the wires (white,brown,green,yellow)??

I have Paddle Shift but I have there questions
1. how did u made a module (could you please kindly share the circuit diagram and the wires where it goes)
2. how do u send Paddle Shift signal (I saw your module seems like use wireless)
3. My cluster (speedo) (My English also not good hahaha) does not has gear level as photo
$_35.JPG

do you know how to get the gear level signal pin to map the cluster.

please help

thank you very much

Rich from Taiwan

==============================================================================
All assembled

DZPNQ.jpg

And it works . . .

[/QUOTE]

Grind the paint away and let it rust like real rat rod. Problem with Mercedes's water based paint in 90's was that they used same paint for one week at the time. In a week paint started to have microbe life, so those that were painted in monday all was well, those painted thursday/friday ended with rust problems. My S210 was from start of the week.