Ownership Verified: w210 - Silver arrow

Boobo-oobo

Car(s)
e46 330xd Touring
Hello, so here is my vehicle. It's a 2000 Mercedes-Benz w210 220CDI. Its still holding up quite good, there are a few problems with it, but hey, still runs :D. I got it from my dad, he bought a new(ish) car, a w211, so I got this one. First the proof :

img1236.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.**/img806/9936/img8833.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.**/img192/2981/img8830x.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.**/img59/6818/img8831a.jpg

Cockpit%20poslije.jpg

One of the bigger problems that i had was about 3 months ago. The car would just die on me, and wouldn't start again, no errors, no signs of anything wrong. So I drove it to the shop and got it diagnosed, the problem was in 2 sensors in the motor, one controlled the crankshaft, the other one controlled the camshaft. So couple of times i got home like this : :mrgreen:

img001wgw.jpg

Those 2 tiny sensors cost me about 200?.

I also managed to put an AUX plug, cause I didn't have the original one installed. Bai bai CD's . . .

img0318.jpg

Recently a friend polished my headlamps, they were scuffed and yellow-ish.

Before
img0378.jpg

After
img0390.jpg

And to get some powaa boost, i got some Brabus badges :mrgreen: I think i got about 50HP from that. And from the papers i have, the car did got to Brabus, for some upgrades, the Command system and some other things, so its kinda a Brabus :p
http://img859.imageshack.**/img859/8657/img8945f.jpg

And here are some "fancy" pics, rig testing shots, playing with my camera etc etc . . .

http://img17.imageshack.**/img17/264/img8932su.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/3941/img8929b.jpg

img4052.jpg

img856mim.jpg

img2247.jpg

img1222.jpg

Did i forget anything important? Any questions are welcome . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
A Mercedes on a tow truck? How...mundane. :D :lol:

Srsly though, nice ride. Very Balkan-y but hey...everyone needs some crazy in their lives. :D

?uvaj ga brate, jako lijepa kola...

Hello, so here is my vehicle. It's a 2000 Mercedes-Benz w210 220CDI. Its still holding up quite good, there are a few problems with it, but hey, still runs :D.

One of the bigger problems that i had was about 3 months ago.

What? That makes no sense. Hold on, let me fix that for you..

Hello, so here is my new vehicle. One of the bigger problems that it has is that it's a 2000 Mercedes-Benz w210 220CDI.

There.

A Mercedes on a tow truck? How...mundane. :D :lol:
Srsly though, nice ride. Very Balkan-y but hey...everyone needs some crazy in their lives. :D
?uvaj ga brate, jako lijepa kola...
:mrgreen: Thanks, fala.
What? That makes no sense. Hold on, let me fix that for you..

There.
Thats fooney. :mrgreen: Its far from the best Mercedes, its quite badly build and all, but i'm not complaining :D. I love it.
Did you lower it as well? The front loks pretty low.
Yeah, its lowered, and quite a lot. I often scrape the bottom on speed bumps and such. Low is a lifestyle :lol:

Ah, the back of a towtruck, the natural stomping ground of the W210.

Ah, the back of a towtruck, the natural stomping ground of the W210.

Good wheel choice. I like the W210 body style as well, it's just a shame that the car isn't that great. You and the tow truck driver should become fast friends! :p
Don't worry guys, I have two cousins who tow cars, we're really good friends and I don't have to pay anything for towing . . . :mrgreen: That means more money for rustproofing :D

Last edited:
Heh, yeah, I of course posted that with tongue firmly in cheek. Fortunately when a MB breaks it'll still usually get you home. I haven't heard of many catastrophic mechanical issues in even 1995 - 2005 Mercedes drivetrains (offhand I could mention only two). The stuff that breaks on these things is mostly trim, comfort features, interior electronics, engine sensors & lambdas and such, suspension parts, stuff like that.

Don't worry guys, I have two cousins who tow cars, we're really good friends and I don't have to pay anything for towing . . . :mrgreen: That means more money for rustproofing :D

Haha, nice :thumbsup: Seriously though, I love the look of yours. AMG Pentas are the best wheels for most Mercs, especially a W210. Don't forget to budget for a front spoiler! :p

Haha, nice :thumbsup: Seriously though, I love the look of yours. AMG Pentas are the best wheels for most Mercs, especially a W210. Don't forget to budget for a front spoiler! :p

In my opinion AMG Monoblock's are the best wheels for w210. Or something similar to that, something that has a "full surface". Like :

3882835526_aef9729783_o.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

Some new pics . . .

And I'm doing a mod currently, adding paddle shifters to the steering wheel. Just need to get the shifters, so i can start putting it together.

So, here's an update. New tires : :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bo/boobo-oobo/2011/08/22/IMG_2506.jpg
Also did the wheel aliment, as you can probably tell, it was a bit off . . .

Chrome cluster rings :

6SvI.jpg

RBOIi.jpg

And installed :
Before :
Cjpgf.jpg

After:
Gg6YN.jpg

HxPej.jpg

Also painted the needles to white. I love the look of the cluster now.

And this is the progress of the shifter paddles controller :

IxZ1m.jpg

It works, the right part simulates the steering wheel and the 3 switches, horn and +/- paddles. The micro-controller analyzes that data and gives a specific output. In this case, the first switch is on, so the first LED is on.

And i got my rig done : This was just a test shooting:

f7QhH.jpg

LFXYr.jpg

3VR97.jpg

Can you please post some pictures of you "Rig"? I have been very interested in buying/building one.

And I think your paddle shifter mod will be interesting. How much logic will the controller / transmission have? Will it keep you from accidentally doing a really stupid shift?

Can you please post some pictures of you "Rig"? I have been very interested in buying/building one.
Sure, NP. Here's a C/P from Canon's forum :

Recently i got my alu. poles :

3kYtr.jpg

CzaYo.jpg

1QDg.jpg

M4S2K.jpg

79arP.jpg

3x 2m, 6m in total. Got everything set for the cable, just haven't bought the cable itself. This is a test run on 4m, no cable, and just to see how it performs with no cable, and how "wide" can i go with my G10 on 4m. Not as wide as i thought, but the addition 2m should cover for that.

That looks really nice!
What is the diameter of the alu tubes?

Thanks for sharing & showing the rigshot including the rig ;)

Thanks. Here are the measurements, outside diameter and thickness :

Tf6wo.jpg

GpAPJ.jpg

I believe the upper scale are inches . . . Thats what the guy that made it had in stock, didn't ask for any special measurements on that . . .

Thanks. It looks very light and it will probably be rigid enough for a DSLR with the cable :cool:
thumbup.gif

Yeah, its very rigid surprisingly, i thought that it would be more bouncy, but it ain't that bad.

I was PM'd on how did I attach the poles and the suction cups, so here it is. I used these :

hZEgs.jpg

2ID1V.jpg

I think they are plumbing couplers or something like that, the great thing is that they have a piece of rubber in there, and that really grips the pole, and it absorbs some of the vibrations as well. Also there's a M8 nut welded to it, and thats what i used to connect the two ends. With that i can also change the hight of the pole, in relation to the car.

W4hcI.jpg

Im using them for everything, these are the ends for the cable setup :

8FnT.jpg

This is temp. camera setup :

TD1Ee.jpg

And that's it, if you need more info, feel free to ask.

And here's a great thread about rigs : LINK

And I think your paddle shifter mod will be interesting. How much logic will the controller / transmission have? Will it keep you from accidentally doing a really stupid shift?
The main purpose for the controller is that i cant put any new wires through the steering column, so i have to use one wire (horn) to send three signals (+/- paddles and the horn). So in the steering wheel I'm going to set voltage levels for each switch. Horn is going to have voltage U1, paddle+ U2 and paddle- U3. And then the controller will read the voltage level, and by that it will know which switch is pressed. I've eliminated the possibility of pressing 2 or more of them in the same time by voltage again, when 2 or more are pressed, the voltage is in the forbidden zone, and nothing happens. The gearbox has tiptronic shifting already, so I'm going to use those switches on the gearbox itself, just connecting the output on the controller to the switch on the gearbox. The outputs of the controller are going to be transistors working as switches. I still dont know all the voltage levels in the car, like does the steering wheel have 12V or something else, so I'm going to solve those thing as i get to them.

Update, not that anyone cares . . . :p

Bought the paddle shifters.

gMmQ6.jpg

Got them dirt cheap cause one of the paddles had a cut connector, otherwise they were new.

9yIeP.jpg

Then i swapped the steering wheel to get it upholstered and mount the paddles.

UlqzV.jpg

Drove like this for a while :mrgreen:

dz9tN.jpg

Got the paddles on the steering wheel.

0lcb.jpg

And upholstered.

Installed it back in the car.

mw1BL.jpg

My only fear was that the paddle would take too much room between the wheel and the blinker/wiper lever, but its not bad at all.

1MFHZ.jpg

Still working on the electronics tho. Had to start from scratch cause I found some issues with the original idea.

The car runs well, had a service a couple of weeks ago. Got the oil changed, filters and such . . . The biggest problem i have now is that the thermostat is busted, so the heating doesn't work so well. Gets kinda nippy in the car :D and the fuel consumption is a bit higher, I'm averaging about 7l/100km.

And here's some artsy pics :

GieIS.jpg

OM6Zs.jpg

4kGDb.jpg

XHxW.jpg

9t5iT.jpg

And about the HDR, i like it a bit harsh, guess it's not to everyone's taste . . . :p

;)