Wacky Races is coming...are you in?

Wacky Races is coming...are you in?

• Total voters
Noon start for me, if I'm correct...

Ooh, I'll miss the race start by about 30 minutes. Darn.

11am start, if I can be arsed to get into bed at a decent time I might make it on time. If not, I'm sure no one will notice our car strategically positioned on the track. :shifty:

I can't be bother to work it out, its sometime in the late afternoon I think.

Come on, its a Marina, its going to win no matter when it starts! :lol:

*see post*

LeMans GTR said:
Dear DSRacing, TeamKuiper and Team Feraname,

If any of you should see a news report regarding the cutting the three of you off, we are only trying to throw off vonSmythe. In the mean time, he has transferred the development of a thrust drive meant to be produced in the factory which Team Feraname destroyed. I'll keep feeding you with blueprints and project as things proceed.

Good Luck

veloceRACING

Gro?reich Intelligence reveals shocker, some say a thriller
Geneva (DBC) - Gro?reich Intelligence revealed today a highly classified case they had been working on for the past several months, shocking the world and causing world renowned pop artist Michael Jackson to suffer a fatal heart attack due to utter surprise. In the midst of what seemed to be a breakup between so-called allied racing teams VonSmythe and Veloce Racing, the Gro?reich Government announced today that they had known all along that Veloce was actually working as an agent of Entente racing teams KuiperRacing and DS Racing. The Gro?reich's internal security and intelligence service revealed that they were suspicious of Veloce from the beginning, and were quick to intercept communications such as the one above to confirm the team's true loyalty. Team VonSmythe was informed of the situation, and fed Veloce loads of bogus plans and information, while denying them access to Gro?reich facilities citing numerous security problems.

Earlier today however, the pseudo-relations between the Gro?reich and Veloce turned sour, leading Veloce to break its fake ties to its enemy. In response, the Gro?reich has captured several key VeloceRacing team members as "political prisoners", including the drivers scheduled to represent Veloce in this weekend's highly anticipated Final Gear Wacky Race. The Gro?reich is threatening that it will not release the prisoners in time for the race unless the Entente nations cede France over to the Zentralkrafte. This has sent quite a ripple through the international racing community, as many have already expressed heavy disapproval over the current situation where international politics have dominated the motorsport scene. If the Gro?reich refuses to release key Veloce staff, Veloce may find it incredibly difficult to compete in this years Wacky Race.

Meanwhile, Team Feraname was revealed to still be fully in league with Team VonSmythe and the Gro?reich, after they had previously faked their own defection. Feraname has gone in to an emergency lockdown at the suggestion of Emperor Wilhelm Von Smythe, and key team members have been given secret passage to Zentalkrafte secured locations. ?

Tune to DBC Radio International on race day for 24 hour coverage.

EDIT:
Out of character: Heh, I have a feeling the FG Wacky Race will be painfully disrupted by another server raping due to this weekend's Top Gear... :/

Last edited:
veloceRACING responds to VonSmythe Kidnappings

It is very much flattering that you see us as a main rival, however we must inform you that you have captured the wrong people. You sir are not the only one with appropiate connections and as such we have since held a back up plan much before hand. These so called prisoners are hired imposters and we're afraid that you might have captured the Lara Croft which worked at Core Design rather than our Lara which works at Crystal Dynamics these two individuals are very diffirent. You have also seemed to have imprisoned a Mr. Daniel Craig and not 007.

veloceRACING

With just 4 hours to go, I'd like to put my 1000th post to good use and wish you all good luck (even Von Smythe), and hope for an epic race all around.:)

Circuit de la Sarthe has been closed for the morning, and the Espace has taken to it for a final warm-up session in order to perform final system checks. Everything is in order, the spare cars have also been throughly checked and re-checked. During the shakedown runs, our car set a time of 3:11.055 on the circuit, with the official lap record standing at a 3:19.

The Espace is now being rolled and secured onto its starting position, and the team is now having lunch.

Also, since this is a non-Grand Prix weekend, we have secured the services of a certain Mr. Brundle from King's Lynn, Norfolk, and he will be driving in the first stint.

Last edited:
This year's race starts at midnight for me, so veloceRACING won't be starting on time. Instead we'll take some time to observe before we go ahead. Who knows it may prove to be quite useful in the long run.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, while I'm away for the first 30 minutes, American TG Man will take over as Team Principal. I hope the workload won't be too tough on him.

8:15AM Eastern Daylight Time - Lupin_IV awakened by a swift kick in the ribs from Captain Kirk TJ Hooker.
8:17AM - William Shatner insists that Star Trek references be kept to a minimum.

Start-up preparations and final tweaks are being performed on the DSRacing and KUIPER Racing cars. Sebastien has been told to activate macro_procedure="fireandash" at the start...

Jessie: "What the hell is 'macro_procedure="fireandash,"' anyway?"

Clay: "You'll see..."

The Team Seventies Marina is currently being fine tuned to make the most of the Rover V8 under the bonnet.

It has been discovered that the Marina was never really designed to go as fast as it does now and handling can be a bit hairy at high speeds, despite the suspension upgrades. However should anything go badly wrong we have found a back up car that shall be kept top secret unless it is actually needed...

Team Seventies woud like to wish all the fellow enterants good luck, although they probably won't need it.

Cpt. Anthony - Driver, Team Captain, Designer, Financier

Dan the Random Hobo - Co Driver

Good luck to everyone taking part in this epic race, and try not to run over the small Austin you're about to overtake :p

Electronic missile silo voice: "Commence final pre-launch preparations. Provide meerkat Daleks with feed."

Clay: *tucking into a pre-race plate of pasta* "Mmm, this is good. Want some?"

Sebastien: "Aucuns merci"

Clay: "I'll take that as a 'no,' then."

Jessie: *tapping on the co-driver compartment in hir helmet* "You all right up there, James?"

James: "Ooooh, bloody hell..."

Last edited:
Engine starter primed. Fuel tank full. Drivers ready. We've got an onboard lights system to signal the start. Alain, Nigel, Michael and Martin are all prepared.