Ownership Verified: Wake me up once your turbo spooled up - Meet Scotty, D-Fence's supercharged Mini

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
A car built by the British.
With an Engine designed by Chrysler.
Which was then assembled by Brazilians.
Onto which the Brits slapped a Supercharger, which another Brit then tuned again.

What kind of IDIOT would buy such a car.

So yeah, this is Scotty, for obvious Flag-related things and because I like Europtrip.

2006 BMW-MINI Cooper S John Pooper Works (Facelift)

211hp Supercharged 1.6l engine, with the John Cooper Works Tuning kit from factory (rare)
Locking Diff
John Pooper Works Sound kit (Stainless Steel Exhaust and Intake)
Recaros from Factory (rare as f...)
Xenon
Heated Seats
Hardon Karma
Chrono Pack (Speedo in front of driver and additional gauges)
PDC

What is good

Engine. Noise. Driving.
Besides that, second owner from new (first one BMW employee, sold it after 8 months to last owner who had it since 2006 and did all services)
Car is super clean and has (I pray) zero mechanical issues
Spec is mega rare and the Cooper JCWs are quite strong in market value right now

What is bad
Hood. It has two dents from a branch falling onto it and a ton of rockchips. Need to sort that out.
Wheels. Winter wheels are ugly as hell and corroded, summer wheels have a couple of scratches that you can't polish out.

What I have done so far
Smiled. A lot.
Besides that, installed an Anycar bluetooth system and ordered a 3D printed phone holder from UK, I hope it makes it way out before the inevitable shitstorm that is Brexit.

What I want to do
Brake fluid change, summer tires, take it on roadtrip.
Maybe add the additional lights.

Actual representation of exhaust:

Last edited:

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
MX-5 NC, Model 3
Very nice, looking forward to a test drive on the Alpine roadtrip :)

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Excellent purchase. I look forward to meeting it at Ringmeet.

gt1750

Techno Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
2018 Ford Smacks, 2011 Alfa 159, 2005 Smart 44
Looks good, can't wait to try it out. Congrats!

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
My sister had a 2003 Cooper for a few years, it had quite a few things about it that I didn’t like about it and this car seems to address them all. Primarily the seats that were huge but not very comfortable, these Recaros look superb. I also look forward to seeing it later in the year.

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
looks excellent, waiting for in-depth tour of exterior and interior at ringmeet :D

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
It doesn't have the silly speedo in the middle of the car. GOOD!

It doesn't have a enter arm rest. GOOD! (because I once injured myself on a Mini's armrest while fastening the seat belt).

211 HP is more than enough for such a small FWD car. Just remember to always grip the steering wheel tightly when you accelerate ;-)

Congratulations on the next new car. Better suited for living in Munich than the S8, I think.

Tram13

This looks excellent! I like how unassuming it looks in that blue colour and on those winter wheels. Would've never guessed it was a JCW if it passed me by!

And it seems nicely specced too. The speedo location is much better this way, I can't imagine how annoying would it be to have it in the middle.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
It doesn't have the silly speedo in the middle of the car. GOOD!

It doesn't have a enter arm rest. GOOD! (because I once injured myself on a Mini's armrest while fastening the seat belt).

211 HP is more than enough for such a small FWD car. Just remember to always grip the steering wheel tightly when you accelerate ;-)

Congratulations on the next new car. Better suited for living in Munich than the S8, I think.
If you think about it, this thing has more power than my E36 328i and less weight.....I am seriously looking forward to summer tires and dry roads :)

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3
Awesome! There aren't enough supercharged small cars around. You gonna do a Scottish flag on the roof?

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
Congrats! I bet that's a lot of fun.