WALD does GT-R

WALD does GT-R

• Total voters

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
It seems the good people at WALD didn't read the GT-R owners manual which includes this page...
r35_manual4.JPG

...because they just came up with this...

wald-gtr-001.jpg

wald-gtr-003.jpg

wald-gtr-002.jpg

...there's a bit more visual drama than the standard car, I must say I didn't think I'd like body kits on the R35 but this looks bloody fantastic!

The car is ugly without a bodykit.

If there is any added benifits from this kit, then okay. Still an ugly car either way, but at least it would be functional ugly. But I somehow doubt this kit does anything for the car, so I have to vote Nay.

Drop the spotlights at the front and this actually looks alright.

Rear arches should be body coloured, other than that, hot.

Pass. The bodykit's trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist - the GT-R looks so superbly spot-on for what a distinctive Japanese muscle / sports car should look like - all technical.

Note the GT-R has seduced me, so I'm more than slightly biased...

Are there any high-res pictures of that GTR?

These are the highest res i've been able to find :( , i want desktop res too!!

Yay. It's not as dramatic as the "warning sticker"

then again, a GT-R is not a pretty car to start with, so whatever they do, it won't be that much worse TBH

I think it looks great, although while I don't really mind them I agree that it'd be a bit better without those fog lights.

I'm just the opposite, on a japanese supercar i demand big evo 5 foglights.

I voted "nay" because its just too "loud", i like cars that blend in with the crowd, even if they are quick. The normal GTR would manage this if it wasnt so famous (it looks just like about 13 other datsuns currently on the market)

I was fine with the looks of the R35 to start with. This (apart from the foglights, i agree with DTMracer) looks pretty good. I give it a thumbs up!

Its like the Bentley Continental GT's you see with bodykits. weird looking.

I might have voted yay if (like graemeH said) the rear arches were body color.
I really don't see a point to it. If it gives it **% more downforce or something then its alright I guess.

Man, I love that warning sticker. :lol:

That car looks hot! Those tiny side-vents in the front really belong on the stock car.

Can anyone translate the warning sign?

IMO, bodykits are always at least a little over the top. This one is a little too slots and vents/exhausts. The only design element I like is how they redesigned the headlight cut-out on the nose to give the lights a more "pointy" look to them.

The wheels also work well.

I think that the GTR looks a little too 'busy' stock, and this kit doesn't seem to help. Maybe if it were all body color I'd like it.

I love it when manufacturers have a sense of humor; that warning is pretty funny. Reminds me of the window sticker for Ford's spec Mustang racer.