Spoilers: Walking Dead on AMC

nope, I hate him too...surprised his brother hasnt returned in the van yet...minus a hand :lol:

Bah, as I said before, I like him.

Plus, he's the smartest using a cross bow instead of a gun.

I agree crossbow is the weapon of choice.

I actually like Daryl, I think he provides ballance to the group. If he wasn't there it would always be to nice and friendly. Plus I really love the actor. (Boondock Saints FTW!!!)

I did kinda feel bad for T-Dog having to leave his wife behind, although I thought they could have conveyed his grief a bit better.

I also could care less if Andrea had stayed, I don't like her, but Dale is awesome, so I'm glad he talked her out of it and in turn got out himself.
Wait that was T-Dog's wife? You sure? I though she was just a lone woman that lost her family.

On Andrea, trust me you will love her as the story goes on. In the comic she was annoying at first too.

Wait that was T-Dog's wife? You sure? I though she was just a lone woman that lost her family.

On Andrea, trust me you will love her as the story goes on. In the comic she was annoying at first too.

I got the impression that it was, maybe I'm wrong though.

I'll have to take your word on Andrea.

3000th POST!:mouse::banana::burnrubber::driving:

Last edited:
OK, I know I'm late to the party but I only got around to watching this series this weekend. I'm not a fan of the zombie genre so I wasn't in a hurry to watch it. I?m not really interested in being geek chic nor a fan of first person shooters. To me, zombies were always associated with being campy.

With that said, I think TWD is a good show. However, I just don't think that it is as good as everyone else seem to think it is. In fact, a lot about the show irks me.

Some of those irksome points...
  • How in the world is it possible that the zombies overran the military? The zombies aren't armed. The zombies only have their teeth and hands so how are they taking out tanks and armed military personnel? It?s not like the military didn?t know to shoot them in the head since everyone else knows. I understand the show is written that way to convey that the situation is nearly hopeless but come on the whole military overrun by slow-ass zombies who are trying gum you?
  • It is said in episode 6 that the brain dies and only the brain stem is restarted which, in turn, reanimates the body. OK, cool, but doesn?t that mean that all those nice headshots through the forehead hit nothing of worth because that part of the brain is dead anyway?
  • And another thing about the headshots, it seems that everyone on the show is a crack shot at putting bullets through foreheads. No one ever seems to miss a headshot.
  • It?s said a person becomes infected through bites and scratches. So, no one questions why Shane has scratches on his neck?
  • Wasn?t much of a fan of the whole self-destructing lab thing either.
  • And WTF is a ?T-Dog??

- Given you said you're not a fan of the zombie genre, I'm assuming you haven't seen/read any other zombie fictions. Those can be pretty good at explaining how a zombie outbreak count initially defeat a modernized army. This excerpt from a book called WWZ outlines how the US military could go down.

-Any bullet entering the head could easily do enough collateral damage to indirect parts of the brain to kill a Z. (But trying to get overly scientific or biological when talking about zombies is kinda pointless cause it's entirely fictional and up to the writers discretion)

- We know that the main character used to be the best shooter around as seen from that newspaper clip. His partner was also a cop. The redneck is a hunter so he'd know how to shoot. Those are the only characters who do most of the shooting. And as for everyone else, they're been surviving for weeks/months, so I'm assuming they've done some target practice or have generally gotten used to guns. Plus they're usually firing very close range.

- Because they were in a completely secure facility and Shane showed no zombie symptoms like fever

- your personal opinion

- T-Dog's the black guy who dropped Merles key.

- Given you said you're not a fan of the zombie genre, I'm assuming you haven't seen/read any other zombie fictions. Those can be pretty good at explaining how a zombie outbreak count initially defeat a modernized army. This excerpt from a book called WWZ outlines how the US military could go down.

But I'm not worried about any other fiction besides TWD.

-Any bullet entering the head could easily do enough collateral damage to indirect parts of the brain to kill a Z. (But trying to get overly scientific or biological when talking about zombies is kinda pointless cause it's entirely fictional and up to the writers discretion)

I knew someone would say this, so much so that I was going to say it in my original post. Then I was going follow it up with the point that arrows are used too. Then we would have to argue over whether arrows do the same amount of damage that a bullet does.

- We know that the main character used to be the best shooter around as seen from that newspaper clip. His partner was also a cop. The redneck is a hunter so he'd know how to shoot. Those are the only characters who do most of the shooting. And as for everyone else, they're been surviving for weeks/months, so I'm assuming they've done some target practice or have generally gotten used to guns. Plus they're usually firing very close range.

But when people are under stress they tend to not be the most steady shot. I've known of trained police officers who have missed targets at close range because they under stress and in a dangerous situation.

- Because they were in a completely secure facility and Shane showed no zombie symptoms like fever
They were in a secure facility as far as they knew. Jim showed no symptoms either until later on.

- your personal opinion
Yep.
- T-Dog's the black guy who dropped Merles key.
Yeah, I know. I just hate the name.

Last edited:
But I'm not worried about any other fiction besides TWD.

Just thought I'd adress this point.

Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide and WWZ are widely regarded as "truth" to the zombie genre. As in, they are the most accurate depiction of what would acctually go down in a zombie attack.

The writer of the Walking Dead comic has probably read these books, and has no doubt heard of them. I don't think that it is coincidence that the zombies in TWD are almost identical to the Z's of Max Brooks.

I don't think that it is coincidence that the zombies in TWD are almost identical to the Z's of Max Brooks.

So long as we stress the world almost. My biggest gripe about TWD is zombies showing basic thinking such as using a rock to smash the department store window, the woman trying to open a door by turning the handle, or the little girl picking up and carrying the doll. But I'm nitpicking cause I'm such a huge Max Brooks fan hahaha!

So long as we stress the world almost. My biggest gripe about TWD is zombies showing basic thinking such as using a rock to smash the department store window, the woman trying to open a door by turning the handle, or the little girl picking up and carrying the doll. But I'm nitpicking cause I'm such a huge Max Brooks fan hahaha!

Funny you should say that because that was one of my complaints too that I forgot to mention. Because they said the zombies are only supposed to have impulses like walking and eating. It seems the more that they try to explain things the more they contradict themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah but thats where you gotta take it with a grain of salt and realize it's a fictional work where directors can take creative liberties to evoke a particular reaction from the audience. All of my examples, while I did not like them, served a purpose in setting up a certain mood. Romero's zombies learned how to use guns, Snyder's were superfast and agile, and Darabont is giving his Zombies certain characteristics which reinforce the mood he is trying to create. You gotta remember that TWD is a drama first, simply within the setting of a zombie apocalypse. The zombies aren't the real stars here, the survivors are.

Not to fret. I'm the same way, and I agree whole heartedly.

They were in a secure facility as far as they knew. Jim showed no symptoms either until later on.

The difference being that Jim scratches were noticed after the attack on the camp and Shane's appeared after everyone got drunk inside a protected facility. Much easier to write them off as "he blacked out and hit something on the way down".

To make WWZ canon is stupid.

That would be like saying all sci-fi should follow Issac Asimov, or H.G. Wells to be even more correct. Everyone should do their own thing, set their own rules and be innovative otherwise Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc would never exist.

'Walking Dead' Loses Frank Darabont As Showrunner

If you're a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead, you're not going to like this. Showrunner and lender of great gravity and sincerity to the science fiction show, Frank Darabont, is stepping down. Though he just appeared at San Diego Comic Con, spewing optimism about next season, spilling little tidbits of knowledge, and offering to shoot Chris Hardwick in the face, the man who brought the comic book adaptation to life is moving on. While that may mean future film projects for the Shawshank Redemption director, the real issue here is how will this affect the show?

Darabont has been paramount in working to keep the show at the highest production value and to assemble a team of writers who not only know the source material, but whole-heartedly love it. He didn't direct every episode, but the one he lent an eye to was one of the single most epic episodes of television in recent years.

Link