Spoilers: Walking Dead on AMC

I'm thinking that Carol is covering for the young girls (the ones who were naming the walkers at the fence). Carol was teaching them to protect themselves and when the raid happened, the oldest didn't think twice about going for pistols to help. They could also be the ones that dissected the rat that was found just before the raid.

Ooo, I hadn't even thought of that...

I was indeed talking about Carl. Michonne otoh is one of my fovourites.
Carl is ... yeah, "annoying" is the correct way to describe him.
The last episode had it all: acting stupid (as in "walking backwards into Zombies"), being once again very unfair to his (heavily wounded) dad, being a smartass (as in "how dare you doubt my knot? we don?t need the Couch!") and so on. For the first time, I found my myself rooting for the undead.

I'll admit that the whole walking backwards thing was begging for what happened...no reason he couldn't have just been looking over his shoulder from 30 feet away. The rest of the stuff is typical teenager angst BS though. I think he can be forgiven for not taking his dad seriously too, what with the "I'm only gonna be a Farmer" stuff and the seeing hallucinations and generally crazy decision making skills. If anything, Carl is the level headed one of the two, Rick is a loose cannon most of the time, but won't admit it.

I like the Carl character and how he show's what "becoming a man" would be like in that world. He was just a little kid when this whole thing started (go watch the first season) and he is figuring it out as he goes, often without the reliable help of his elders to give a good example. With the other two little girls, I think we might see the outcome of another path the "growing up with the undead" can take. I'm ready to hear and see about some FUBAR stuff with the older of the two (or possibly the younger being the truley f'd up one). Come to think of it, the girl was doing the retarded "walking backwards while calling to the Zombie" thing in the prison towards the beginning of the this series too. Dumb kids are dumb sometimes.

I guess I can see where you are coming from though, and you are entitled to dislike whichever character you like. I went through that with Doctor Who and hating the River Song character despite the lack of agreement from other people.

The writers are over the top with Carls teenager-behaviour. Like another Website stated:
"the son was particularly annoying throughout episode 9 because of his childlike behavior. He wished his father dead. He refused to eat. He made stupid decisions when it came to conserving bullets, even when he?s been in this apocalypse setting for a while and should?ve learned his lesson by now."

The writers might change his attitude in the future, but right now, they seem to exxagerate it.
But if all the episodes were great and if we liked all the characters, what could we argue about? :)

The entire point of episode 4x09 was to show how Carl grows overconfident, thinking he can do it all alone and having to because he cannot depend on his father, and then realizing that he is not as grown up and badass as he thinks he is, hence the reconciliation with Rick at the end.
Thus, the "dumb" fights with walkers were valid plot points. He thought he could handle them, and then things didn't go to plan because well, Carl is neither as sly nor as strong as he thinks he is. In that, he's a typical teenager.

Last edited:
So in latest episode we got some new characters and action. So there seems to be a new "safe" place where Tyreese, Carol and kids are going. This Abraham is a good guy? Good episode!

And why on earth Glenn walked through horde of walkers, when he could have gone around them?

And why on earth Glenn walked through horde of walkers, when he could have gone around them?

duh....because he's a badass (and it looks a lot cooler that way).

Hmm....crazy psycho 12 year old girl Lizzy is starting to "come out" of her psycho closet a bit aye? Poor bunny :cry:

This Abraham is a good guy?
That guy at the end? I highly doubt it; I got a "governor reloaded" vibe from that scene.

But well, another good episode. It was clear that this ould be about some of the people that were missing last week. I like the concept of dealing with the outcome of the battle for the prison this extended way. Also, good to have Carol back.

This Abraham is a good guy?

That guy at the end? I highly doubt it; I got a "governor reloaded" vibe from that scene.

They mentioned on Talking Dead that he's from the comics so regardless of whether he is bad or good it seems he's a major character, which I'm glad to see. There needs to be some fresh blood. :)

I try not to read about the comics but I have heard a bit about Abraham. It should get interesting :cool:

It is nice to have Carol back but having her pop up just in time to save the girls was a bit off. Maybe she was watching the entire time. And what about Terminus? Maybe Carol has already been there...

Nice to see Lizzie is following the usual serial killer path!

Last edited:
Can we please kill Rick, Michonne, Carl and Carol and keep the rest? I really like the new guys. They are funny and not as emo as the rest.

That annoyed me too.

hahaa...I think it would have been funny to have Rick die in this episode while under the bed. Just have the two dudes decide to share the bed, and have him get crushed under their weight and suffocate.

I could see them get rid of Carol maybe, but I don't see Rick, Carl or Michonne going anywhere soon. I think Andrew Lincoln would have to want to bow out for that to happen, and he seems pretty integral to the show both on screen and off from interviews I've seen with and about him. If Rick is there, so will Carl be. I could see Michonne sacrificing herself to save someone with her new stance on life lately, but she's also a bit too much of a badass to die too (though maybe getting soft now that she's turning into the "lets talk about stuff now" chick).

The new crew of people are interesting, and the Abraham character is definitely not what I expected. I suspect that Doctor guy with the "secret to the zombies" may not be all he is made out to be intelligence/knowledge wise either . I did like how, pretty much on a whim, all these people who don't even know Glen are just blowing Abraham off and following Glen instead, for no real reason.

Another slow episode. Definitely not the "we're gonna get crazier and crazier as the season goes" that was promised.

I actually enjoyed the last episode....the Daryll dynamic was brilliant, I hope the girl is ok :/.

I'm actually enjoying the past few episodes a lot. The experimental approach of focussing each ep on another sub-group of characters works well for me.

The only thing I'm not sold on is that they lived in that part of the woods for how long now, and they didn't stumble upon this Terminus thing before.

I have liked these episodes too, Rick episodes werent that great, but the others have been. Will Daryl turn back to his old self now and was that Caddy driven by the people living at the graveyard?