WALMART: The High Cost of Low Price

Cruzz563

Needs a job!
Car(s)
Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (Do want)
I implore you to watch this movie, it's listed as a documentary, but it's more of an attack. Though NOT an unfounded attack in the least. People should know!

You may be able to rent it at Blockbuster, I'm sure it won't be at Wal-mart, you can also find it on a.b.movies.divx for those with good retention. And at www.bravenewfilms.org You can buy a 5 pack and give it as gifts :D

I've disliked Walmart for a few years now, mostly just for my own personal reasons (It's always so crowded, other businesses suffer, etc), but I still shop there from time to time due to the low prices :p

I'm downloading it via BT now, and the speeds are good (200-300kB), but it looks like a bunch of people are stuck at 99.9% :(

edit: NM, there are a few seeds now and the speed still rocks

Where did you find it jeffy777?

I never shop at Wal-Mart anymore.

no problem :D

Re: WALMART: The High Cost of Low Price

Cruzz563 said:
You may be able to rent it at Blockbuster, I'm sure it won't be at Wal-mart, you can also find it on a.b.movies.divx for those with good retention. And at www.bravenewfilms.org You can buy a 5 pack and give it as gifts :D
Its also been posted on a.b.multimedia.documentaries only 5 days ago.

Will see ;)

Re: WALMART: The High Cost of Low Price

bigfoot1942 said:
Cruzz563 said:
Its also been posted on a.b.multimedia.documentaries only 5 days ago.

Will see ;)

Ok, I'm a little slow, but how do you access a.b.multimedia.documentaries?
thanks in advance :)

EDIT: to anyone who uses the torrent link above:

The file will stop at 99.9% and you will never be able to get the last piece, but the video is fully intact. I think they included thumbs.db in the torrent file :mrgreen:

I'll see if the version i have seeds it. :)

EDIT: They included the .nfo file. And I should be able to start seeding since I have the INFOFALLOUT version as well :)
Standby 8)

Oh, nevermind, just read your last comment...yeah it was just an nfo file, has the specs and synopsis about the movie :)

Umm, the a.b.*insert-group* is part of the Newsgroup network. Check with your ISP as they might provide free newsgroup service. If you have Roadrunner or Verizon they have unlimited newsgroups. Comcast has a shitty 2GB limit...per month. Or you can find lots of subscriptions services too. Some are < $10/month. And what you basically do is download everything via http. Everything.

Cruzz563 said:
Umm, the a.b.*insert-group* is part of the Newsgroup network. Check with your ISP as they might provide free newsgroup service. If you have Roadrunner or Verizon they have unlimited newsgroups. Comcast has a shitty 2GB limit...per month. Or you can find lots of subscriptions services too. Some are < $10/month. And what you basically do is download everything via http. Everything.

Sweet, I have roadrunner, how do I get started? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it :)

This Walmart documentary was good, but I think it could have been edited better. Someparts were a little too drawn out, but it was good enough to cause me to want to say "c-ya" to old Wally World. I bought a TV there about a month ago, and then I saw and advertisement for a bigger one at the same price. So I brought mine back to Walmart and bought the other. So I did my part for now :lol:

There's also a PBS Frontline documentary about this that may be even better. I think mvgroup released the torrent.

I refuse to shop there.

Viper007Bond said:
I refuse to shop there.

That's the spirit :D

More than half of those polled in a Zogby International poll think Wal-Mart is bad for America. So the word is getting out:

Reuters reports:

Some 56 percent of U.S. consumers think Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is bad for America, according to a Zogby International poll released on Thursday by one of the retailer's most vocal critics.

The national poll -- commissioned by WakeUpWalMart.com, a union-funded group that has been pressuring Wal-Mart to raise employee wages and benefits -- surveyed 1,012 randomly chosen adults on their attitudes toward the world's biggest retailer.

I'm watching it now, pretty shocked by all thats brought up, even though there isn't a Walmart anywhere near where I live.

If anyone has problems with the torrent I could make a new one with the copy I got off Usenet.

jeffy777 said:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/155120
Thank you. :)

Wo ! ... That torrent is hauling ass !! :shock:
I'm maxing out my download speed limit.

Ha, the short segment about the Wal Mart in Germany is filmed in Hamburg. I've been to the store maybe three times and man what a filthy place it is. It isn't exactly cheaper than the German counterparts and I've never been greeted with the Wal Mart smile. Seems like their concept doesn't work that well over here.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention. I don't know how Wal Mart handles it in the US but some parts of their ethic guidelines have just been ruled illegal here. They tried to forbid relationships between coworkers. They even went as far to create a hotline where you could call if you knew about someone working at Wal Mart having an affair with a coworker. :?

I shop at walmart damn near every day. It's the only place that's open 24 hours besides a grocery store that is way way farther away.

swek: most US companies have the same guidlines involving employee romances. At most restaraunts I have worked at or know people working at it's not allowed for an employee to date a manager of any sort, and this has been the same at most other jobs I've had.

Thanks jeffy :D

The torrent has been removed. Can anyone PM me the torrent? Thanks.