Wank to Argatoga's MG

If you haven't already decided, you could go with a sunbeam tiger style hood scoop. I think that would look nice on the MG

If you haven't already decided, you could go with a sunbeam tiger style hood scoop. I think that would look nice on the MG

It does look nice, but I need 3 in.

No, that's fine. You will want to mold it on, bolts will look like ass.

Well it looks like I won't be able to use that hood scoop. I forgot to measure the intake for some reason. That bumps the required width to around 21". Ugh.

Shaker hood.

You know what I think that might work. Is there a way to have a shaker modified to go over the intake hosing as well? What work would need to be done to the non flat hood?

F.Y.I. the measurements are 13" from back to front, 20-21" across, and ~3" height.

Last edited:
The 21" width is right over the throttle body. The intake takes up a bit of room off to its side.

$$$$$ :lol:

Yeah pretty much. Next year it'll get new brakes for the rear (also 9"), LSD, and better half shafts. Then I'm done for awhile.

Yeah pretty much. Next year it'll get new brakes for the rear (also 9"), LSD, and better half shafts. Then I'm done for awhile.

You can get a Sierra rear axle with LSD and 9" brakes as standard..

:lol:

I think he meant a 9" rear end, not 9" brakes. although I could be wrong, because a 9" rear seems a bit hefty for a MG... even with a rotarty.

Nah, they've got 9" 'big brake' kits for most of the old MG line. At which point the only thing that limits their stopping power is the available traction - remember, there's several active MG vintage racing series over in the UK.

Last edited:
Hmm, 9" brakes eh? That's pretty funny. Although I supose that's all you need in a car that small.

You got it all! Fantastic! Looks like some nice upgrade parts you have there. Where are you going to put the sticker? :D

Hmm, 9" brakes eh? That's pretty funny. Although I supose that's all you need in a car that small.

That and considering its speed big brakes are a good thing.

You got it all! Fantastic! Looks like some nice upgrade parts you have there. Where are you going to put the sticker? :D

Probably nowhere. I've never been a fan of bumper stickers.

So I found out why the engine from the donor car was't working. Looks like a water jacket wall gave out. More info when I am on my computer.