Wank to Argatoga's MG

I understand. But couldn't I get that info from the MS?

If the megasquirt has the calibration tables to convert the sensor voltage to a useful a/f ratio then it is possible.
But i suspect that since the megasquirt is just a generic ecu it probably just displays the raw sensor voltage.

I bet spectre knows!

You can and it does interpret and display the information in TunerStudio.

Thing is, you won't have the laptop on the dashboard in front of you while you're doing your initial tuning drives. You can put the gauge there instead so you can see when you need to back off the throttle to avoid melting your engine.

Quick hijack sorry argatoga...

Spectre: What car did you put the megasquirt on? Do you have it on this forum somewhere?

Quick hijack sorry argatoga...

Spectre: What car did you put the megasquirt on? Do you have it on this forum somewhere?

Look for the "Jaguars..." thread in Post Your Car. It's the last few pages in there.

New tach has arrived.

No more of that rubbish Smiths junk

wait!!

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    627.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
it doesn't go to 12k?

I didn't opt for that one. I won't be going that high.

^lamesauce...

:p

This is from the guy who rebuilt my engine:

Once the engine is well broken in. It is capable of above 8,000 Rpm's. Normal driving you should be shifting between 4-6,000 Rpm's. If you are planning to attempt to drive the car at higher Rpms for more than quick spirts you should install an oil temperature gauge. Anytime you are running the engine above 4,500 Rpm you will be running the risk of oil temperature increasing due to the added friction and strain on the engine as well as how well it is tuned to run at those Rpm's. If you are running lean at higher Rpm's it can cause excessive combustion chamber temperatures which will cause the oil temp to rise as well as have a good chance to detonate the engine. Any excessive amount of oil temperature or detonation can cause to go bad.
So as a general rule when driving the car normally you should shift between 3,500-4,500 Rpm's with occational short bursts up to 5000-5500 rpms. If you intend to exceed that Rpm than I would recommend an oil temperature gauge and exhaust temperature gauge to monitor for high temperatures and lean or rich conditions.

Ive been a lurker on this forum for a long time. I think this is my 1st post. That has to be a fun car. I have a sunbeam alpine with a ford 2.8 v6 in it, so about same power to weight, and its a blast to drive. Those little project cars are so much fun. I cant wait to see how this one evolves.

This is from the guy who rebuilt my engine:

Wait, he says when driving normally, you should shift at 5k, then he says you should normally shift at 3.5k?

Wait, he says when driving normally, you should shift at 5k, then he says you should normally shift at 3.5k?

So as a general rule when driving the car normally you should shift between 3,500-4,500 Rpm's with occational short bursts up to 5000-5500 rpms.

But still:
Normal driving you should be shifting between 4-6,000 Rpm's.
?

It is a rotary. My 13B redlines at 7500RPM.

It is a rotary. My 13B redlines at 7500RPM.

That i understand. What i don't understand is the two figures given as the normal shifting point, the lower being 3.5k to 4.5k and the higher being 4k to 6k rpm.

The upper range would fall under short bursts.

Last edited:
If you note that picture is over a year old, it is at the start of the thread. It's from my parent's house. They have since built a garage there.