Want To Buy a Car

SpeedRace

I'm a bit confused,:? I just can't make up my mind which car I want to buy.
I'm now at my last year of school, so I'm almost done with my study.
I like a car that have some speed min.230 KM/H
Is a bit good looking, but also not too expensive:cry:

Do someone have any idea? let me know

What else are you looking for? Your description is quite vague...there are many cars can reach 140 mph I'm sure.

What will you be using it for? What's most important to you? What's a definitive budget...since you're just graduating from Uni, do you know you'll have steady work in order to afford the car? These are questions that I think we need to know before you can get legitimate answers.

(I bet you are going to end up with a Citroen C1, or a mk. 3 Golf once you figure out what owning a car actually costs, but I'll bite anyway).

Buy a BMW E36 M3 with a ton of km on it for cheap.

It will blow up on you sooner or later (most likely sooner) but you could easily be going 230 km/h+ when it does resulting in a not so spectacular, but very stereotypical death...

Jaguar XJS V12 :p

It can reach 230km/h and it is very cheap.

VWs MK4 1.8t should be able to get you close to that.
Speed is not everything in a car, trust me

Get a Koenigsegg CCX it can do 230 mph (instead of those puny km/h).

Yeah, you really should give out a budget at least...

you think that jaguar xjs is good looking well i don't know but the V12 is cool but on the other hand it will use a lot of gas. @conan_murder

M3 is maybe a option but a ton km well it's a lot i don't know if i buy it after wise that need to bring it to the garage and thats gonna coast me lot too, @M3lover

i never been fan about a VW i know they are great cars but never been a fan about them. @M_Bolc

Lotus Elise thats maybe i need to do a research about it @Epoq

well it's imported to that goes fast and looks good maybe it's controvertible and my budget is 25000 Euro @rickhamilton620

I dunno' how old you are, but you mention just leaving school (university? College?). And your sole requirement for buying a car is it's top speed. :rolleyes: Also is this your first car? You don't have a current one listed...

You've also made no reference to anything that actually matters IRL, such as handling, economy, 30mph to 60mph acceleration etc. Do you want a brand new car or a used one, and does that 25,000Euro budget include fuel/insurance?

I don't really understand why you're making top speed a priority. Are you really going to be going 230 kph that much? Handling and acceleration should be much more important IMHO, and that's just in the performance department.

For 25,000 Euros however, you can easily have something quick, and even a convertible if you wish. How about a Honda S2000? You can easily pick up a low-mileage example for that money, and maybe even have some money left over. It should also be as reliable as most Hondas are known to be. As for good-looking, well, that's subjective and up to you. And if you really insist on the top speed, I believe the S2000 goes up to 240 kph.

If you're willing to forget top speed, then the obligatory MX-5 suggestion also works :D

Last edited:
One must assume as he lives in the Netherlands he wants to avail himself of the German de-restricted autobahns - so that is why he wants a good top speed.

I'd learn on something a tad smaller and slower myself (If I were that age). Insurance here would be astronomical - if you could get anyone to quote, none of the big companies would I am sure.

I dunno' how old you are, but you mention just leaving school (university? College?). And your sole requirement for buying a car is it's top speed. :rolleyes: Also is this your first car? You don't have a current one listed...

You've also made no reference to anything that actually matters IRL, such as handling, economy, 30mph to 60mph acceleration etc. Do you want a brand new car or a used one, and does that 25,000Euro budget include fuel/insurance?

One must assume as he lives in the Netherlands he wants to avail himself of the German de-restricted autobahns - so that is why he wants a good top speed.

I'd learn on something a tad smaller and slower myself (If I were that age). Insurance here would be astronomical - if you could get anyone to quote, none of the big companies would I am sure.

I,m almost complete my College, no i had a lot off car in my past I'm now 25 year and i had my driver license when i was 18 years old.
let us make in place of top speed luxury, but like you sad the handling and the acceleration and all off that too that make a car great.

the point is Evel i don't like small cars, it not controvertible i think my first car was a ford ka and you don't know how much i hate that car.
i don't say they are bad cars but i just hate them ain't got no power at all even at the parking with a little hill i must make 4 rmp till it works.

let us remove the top speed

Cobol74 you where almost right but in cause in the Netherlands you only allowed to go max 120 KM on the highway i will remove the top speed issues
I almost have my race license 2 mouth left;)

I,m almost complete my College, no i had a lot off car in my past I'm now 25 year and i had my driver license when i was 18 years old.
let us make in place of top speed luxury, but like you sad the handling and the acceleration and all off that too that make a car great.

the point is Evel i don't like small cars, it not controvertible i think my first car was a ford ka and you don't know how much i hate that car.
i don't say they are bad cars but i just hate them ain't got no power at all even at the parking with a little hill i must make 4 rmp till it works.

let us remove the top speed

The S2000 has 237 horsepower. Plenty in a car that weighs just 1,300 kilos. The MX-5's power varies anywhere between 120 to 180 horsepower IIRC (Depending on generation, engine, etc.), but weighs even less than the S2000 (A good 200 to 300 kilograms less). The Ford Ka, on the other hand, is available with no more than 100 horsepower, although it does weigh less than the MX-5.

However, if your top priority is now luxury, then a big luxury coupe (Like that 8-Series) or sedan of some sort could make a lot of sense, provided that it's reliable.

The S2000 has 237 horsepower. Plenty in a car that weighs just 1,300 kilos. The MX-5's power varies anywhere between 120 to 180 horsepower IIRC (Depending on generation, engine, etc.), but weighs even less than the S2000 (A good 200 to 300 kilograms less). The Ford Ka, on the other hand, is available with no more than 100 horsepower, although it does weigh less than the MX-5.

However, if your top priority is now luxury, then a big luxury coupe (Like that 8-Series) or sedan of some sort could make a lot of sense, provided that it's reliable.

but isn't 8-Series too expensive??? how about the 5 Series 2005+

Last edited: