War Heroes visit Top Gear

Kudos to Jezza and Richard for their actions. It really is heartwarming to see such acts of generosity and thankfulness from anybody, not just TV personalities.

Hammond's busing 100 people 200 miles to a thank you party??? I guess they'll get a chance to use those empty bus lanes.

A four hundred mile round trip on a freakin' bus is not my idea of a thank you. I guess the press coverage for Hammond will be much bigger in London!

Please tell me why he couldn't find a closer venue.:lol::lol::lol:

I have a fun little activity for you. Find that "log out" button in the link bar at the top of the page. Click it. Then never, ever log in again.

Reactions: Jay
Regardless of whether or not the PARA visit was a publicity stunt, it was one of the best days of this dude's life, and that is all that really matters.

Its too bad Richard can't show some genuine appreciation and not get crap about it. I was touched by both stories.

I Take Back Every Snide Thing I Ever Said About Clarkson

I Take Back Every Snide Thing I Ever Said About Clarkson

After reading that article and what Clarkson did for this soldier, I take back every nasty snide comment I have ever made of him. In fact, I shall immediately withdraw my complaint of the Good-Ole-Boy baiting in the American special. Publicity stunt or not, what the Top Gear team did for this man was absolutely stellar and pure class.

That Clarkson and Top Gear wanted this story told, if they did, does not diminish their actions in any way. The story itself, apart from their generosity, touches so many more people and may encourage others to help as they have, encourage those currently serving, or encourages other wounded. Simple fact is they didn't have to do it at all, Top Gear gets plenty of publicity already.

Jeremy has had no hesitation, and even been vocal, expressing his political views of the current and recent governments. Not all of those views have been favorable. But I have never seen him, nor any member of Top Gear team for that matter, show anything but respect for the British Armed Services and the men and women who serve. In fact, just the opposite. I now respect Clarkson as much for being human as for being a TV presenter, and that is quite a lot.

I do believe I see a Holden Commodore behind the Stig in that picture. Well, it'll be a "Vauxhall VXR8", but its a Commodore.:D

remembering just how much both Jeremy and Richard LOVED the Monaro, and just how cheap it was (30k), you'd think one of them (or even the Stig) bought one just to bash around the track in...

.. and big kudos for the TG team doing this!

Season DVDs, not pithy filler crap with select bits of challenges for the uninitiated.

He didnt say he watches season dvds, just DvDs of the car show.

:)