• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

watching DVD's on ps2

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
hey i am confused about something. my cousin need something called "gold finger" or "golden finger" in order for his ps2 the big one, to play dvd's from all regions. it costs not alot to get this but i am wondering what it really is.

is it just the same thing as "anydvd" program? if so if i burn it on to a dvd or cd and play it wil a ps2 will it work?

I've never even heard of anything like that before, so I have no clue. :(

It may be something as simple as a boot disc pre loader like DVD region X which allows playback of all discs.

I guess you need this game to exploit a failure it has. You don't need a loader or bios mod then...

A trick has won't work on newer versions of the PS2...

Buba

I've never hear about "this". Chip your PS2 and all be alright! :thumbsup:

^ He wants to play DVDs from any region, which a stock PS2 (nor most DVD players) will do. I really really hate region encoding. I still have no clue why they even bother with it. :censored:

I never understood the point of Region encoding as well... does anyone know how I can do unlimited changes on softwares like PowerDVD's?

andyhui01 said:
I never understood the point of Region encoding as well... does anyone know how I can do unlimited changes on softwares like PowerDVD's?

Because DVDs are released at different times in different parts of the world. Movie companies want to mile every cent from a theatrical release before they sell it on DVD. Why would you go see a movie in England that was just released when you could buy a copy from the U.S.?

jasonchiu said:
mine is, i am dointhis for my cousin. his is also chip'd but cant play dvd's lol

with dvd in drive, try resetting the ps (press the off button once, dont hold) if not, try switching it off (with dvd in drive) and holding the on button for as long as possible before the ps switches itself off again (works for me :D)

andyhui01 said:

2 programs u can use... (depending how new ur dvd player is)

dvd genie
dvd region + css free

i think the first is free.
the second u have to pay for, but if u look around im sure u will be able to find a free copy (ask if not)

edit:
http://www.remoteselector.com/driveinfo.htm

dl and run Drive Region Info V2.2 to see what sorta drive u have. if it says:

this drive does not have region protection ==> use dvd genie
this drive has region protection ==> use dvd region +css free.