watching f1 online?

^ Embarassing for the country that gave us Denny Hulme and Bruce McLaren. (Yes, THAT kind of McLaren.)

It is quite actually lol. Also the fact that torrents are soon to become illegal in this country (well more illegal than they are already) and the fact that most races here are broadcast live at 2/3/4am in the morning. Guess it's a good thing i tend to finish work around that time lol.

It is quite actually lol. Also the fact that torrents are soon to become illegal in this country (well more illegal than they are already) and the fact that most races here are broadcast live at 2/3/4am in the morning. Guess it's a good thing i tend to finish work around that time lol.

How can it be that late if its 2hrs difference between OZ and NZ? Live races start around 10-1030 here. Only America and Canada (not on this years calender) and Brazil are at 330 here

European races always end up late. I distinctly remember Singapore at 3/4am and falling asleep and missing the entire thing lol.

New Zealand sucks for formula 1. Only legal way is to buy skytv, but then they only show qualifying and the race. Last year you got ITV commentators which was good, but you never got to see walking up the grid, it was just start of race to the end of the race. If you can't get sky then you'll just have to use the torrents.
Problem with the torrents is your gonna be biting into your broadband's cap. Races can be quite big files, plus if you want to see qualifying as well you'll easily use over half your months usage (depending who your ISP is)

hmm that got me wondering, how big is a torrent file per race? and usually, how long does it take before somebody puts a torrent of it online?

European races always end up late. I distinctly remember Singapore at 3/4am and falling asleep and missing the entire thing lol.

I never watch races live. It's all on the DVR.

I love that machine.

hmm that got me wondering, how big is a torrent file per race? and usually, how long does it take before somebody puts a torrent of it online?

It varies a lot. Most of the purer rips are in the 1-1.5 gig range. But there are some lower-quality or truncated rips that are well below a gig.

For F1 you'll see rips up same day usually. Depends on the site.

Last edited:
Thanks for the posted links. It was just what i were looking for! Just hope it will work for me here in Sweden, but i do think so! :)

is the video stream actually LIVE, as in can i pause it and wait for it to buffer and watch it nicely? or if i have a slow internet connection i have no hope of watching it live? and can anyone verify if the myp2p site is going to show f1? the motorsport tab doesnt seem to have any activity this weekend

I think most of the links posted here stream it live... could be wrong though.

is the video stream actually LIVE, as in can i pause it and wait for it to buffer and watch it nicely? or if i have a slow internet connection i have no hope of watching it live? and can anyone verify if the myp2p site is going to show f1? the motorsport tab doesnt seem to have any activity this weekend

myp2p does NOT show F1. Check the rules.

Another place where you might stumble across the race (though shadownet does have links up for the practice sessions tonight) is here.

The site is pretty cryptic to me, but my roommate use it all the time and generally always finds what he wants to watch on it.

Though I'm probably going to use the shadownet links, I'll keep an eye out on the other place to see if I find it!

I know they show star sports and espnstar/espn hong kong on the internet tv boards, so as a last resort, you CAN watch the races on those channels, albeit with chinese commentary.

if gman's link doesn't work at any time over the season, check out these alternatives:

Here

and

here

Download SopCast, Veetle, TVU, and TVAnts for all three of the sites (three meaning Gman's as well), different links may or may not require one of the above programs. They are free, and spyware free. I have all of em set up to watch my football, so from personal experience it's all safe.

Just a clarification, if I use shadownet I don't have to download all the softwares they listed right? Just one will do? They make it seem as though I have to get all of it... :blink:

Shadownet will provide you with links for various streams.

Different streams require different software to run (in most cases)

This is why they recommend that you use all the software rather than just banking on one (because sometimes a stream on one software may be slower than that on another, or a specific stream may go down, so you may have to look for an alternate, etc etc)

From my own experience during football games, more often than not, during popular games, some streams get really dodgy and I have to move over to another one. It's not the software that causes the problem, it's the amount of users on that particular stream.

P2P streaming works much the same way as torrents. We use our upstream bandwidth to share the stream with others. If you have a lot of users on a single stream, but the users have slow uploads, the stream generally slows down!

In any case, TLDR, it's best to get all the software so that you are flexible in terms of switching streams in case one goes down.

+1

Thank you for clearing that up! :)

EDIT:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mclarensmps again.

:| bugger.

Also look out for channels in justin.tv

Best way, wait until after it's done, and torrent it. I find that it's far more convenient to be able to pause, watch the race in small sections rather than one 3 hour couch potato session, etc. The only problem is staying away from the BBC news feed, they usually stick the winner right in the RSS! The guys over at genmay might have something brewing for this season, I remember last year they figured out a way to watch the live ITV feed, that worked for a race or two.

Best way, wait until after it's done, and torrent it. I find that it's far more convenient to be able to pause, watch the race in small sections rather than one 3 hour couch potato session, etc. The only problem is staying away from the BBC news feed, they usually stick the winner right in the RSS! The guys over at genmay might have something brewing for this season, I remember last year they figured out a way to watch the live ITV feed, that worked for a race or two.

Ahh yes you see but you know, it's about being in the moment. :lol:

Does anyone know what it would take to watch the sessions live on the BBC site from the US? Do you think the normal trick used for watching UK only videos on the beeb site will work?

Proxying the iplayer will work.

Anyways, I'm out of the house right now, but my roommate told me he's got a guaranteed stream up and running! I can't wait till I get home, now haha.

Excellent :D