watching f1 online?

ketot

well where i am theres no f1 being shown on tv... was wondering if there was any website or program i could use to watch f1 online? the wheels channel on tvu is down, and i cant seem to figure out that sopcast player thing... a little search brought me to the sopcast player page and i got a 404 error...

one more thing, i was wondering if i could watch f1 on the bbc website, seems like theyr gonna be streaming it online. i dont mind if its slightly delayed, since the normal european time that f1 races start will be in the dead of the morning here (new zealand). thx for the help:D

ps: hope this is the right place to post it, otherwise move it pls. cheers

Sometimes you can find Formula 1 races on sites like Mininova.org.

Just remember that older Grands Prix may be hard to get as torrent files need a person to host them at all times for users to download.

Also remember that sites like that have a lot of illegal material, even if the site itself is fine.

Anyway, on Mininova for instance, I just searched "F1 2008" and got nearly every Grand Prix in a smattering of languages.

one more thing, i was wondering if i could watch f1 on the bbc website, seems like theyr gonna be streaming it online. i dont mind if its slightly delayed, since the normal european time that f1 races start will be in the dead of the morning here (new zealand). thx for the help:D
Yes, please someone tell me how I can stream BBC for international countries (USA).

Go to Myp2p.com, they stream almost all sports, including F1. The whole last year i was wathing F1 online, and they have some decent streams from 800k Polish to 1.5k German one, also they stream the qualifying and practice sessions on SpeedTV and so on.

Option #2 is do what I do and wait for the torrents to come out. Yes they are illegal, yes it requires you to not go to any auto related website until you have it downloaded/watched it for fear of seeing the result (learned that the hard war) and no you cant have an RU invite so dont ask.

thx vipervx and Gman333-x-ferrari. that site seems ok, although imma have to wait till the aussie gp before i can test it out. was wondering if they show the practice as well?

TBoneUs, no idea what RU is...

thx vipervx and Gman333-x-ferrari. that site seems ok, although imma have to wait till the aussie gp before i can test it out. was wondering if they show the practice as well?

TBoneUs, no idea what RU is...

RU is an acronym for a Racing video torrent site that nobody is supposed to mention, so it's kinda "Underground". Nudge-nudge. Wink-wink ;)

I watched just about every race last year from the ITV stream - some people re-hosted the flash stream so everything just worked - sometimes they wouldnt work so you needed to put in a UK proxy into your browser and try your luck with the original ITV stream...

I'm hoping to get the BBC stream this year at some point but will have to wait until closer to the event. At least the AGP will be live(ish) here this year.

Also waiting to see what Channel 10 do with the new one-sport channel they are starting up GP weekend...

RU is an acronym for a Racing video torrent site that nobody is supposed to mention, so it's kinda "Underground". Nudge-nudge. Wink-wink ;)

k got that. but no point... invitation code... so i aint gonna bother. thx for the heads up anyway

oh and 1 question,does that myp2p site show replays of the race for a few days or smth? just in case i miss a race/qualy

Last edited:
if gman's link doesn't work at any time over the season, check out these alternatives:

Here

and

here

Download SopCast, Veetle, TVU, and TVAnts for all three of the sites (three meaning Gman's as well), different links may or may not require one of the above programs. They are free, and spyware free. I have all of em set up to watch my football, so from personal experience it's all safe.

if gman's link doesn't work at any time over the season, check out these alternatives:

Here

and

here

Download SopCast, Veetle, TVU, and TVAnts for all three of the sites (three meaning Gman's as well), different links may or may not require one of the above programs. They are free, and spyware free. I have all of em set up to watch my football, so from personal experience it's all safe.

thx mate. though 1 question still remains... will repeats be shown?

thx mate. though 1 question still remains... will repeats be shown?

Generally no - these are places to stream the races live.

If you want repeats you'll probably have to download a torrent. PM me if you want the address to a site that doesnt require an invite.

New Zealand sucks for formula 1. Only legal way is to buy skytv, but then they only show qualifying and the race. Last year you got ITV commentators which was good, but you never got to see walking up the grid, it was just start of race to the end of the race. If you can't get sky then you'll just have to use the torrents.
Problem with the torrents is your gonna be biting into your broadband's cap. Races can be quite big files, plus if you want to see qualifying as well you'll easily use over half your months usage (depending who your ISP is)

If Bruce was from New Zealand, why don't they play their national anthem when McLaren win?

Why do they play the British anthem when they are German? :p

Ahh don't mention the war... I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it.