Water only shock diet

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
As many of you know, i'm not the thinnest of persons around *cough* so as of today i'm on a crash diet. The plan is to not eat or drink anything but water for the next 10 days. If i get dizzy from lack of glucose, i'll have some fruit, but that's it. I'll use this thread as a kind of blog on my progress and if anyone doesn't like it, kindly fuck off.

==========================================================

Day 1:

Hungry. Bathroom scale ran out of batteries, will weigh myself later.

FYI, this is probably not a good idea, mate. Calorie restriction maybe, but things like this are sort of dangerous.

10 days won't do much damage. I'll go back to eating normally for 2 weeks, then repeat if this is a success.

How about.. You know.. Eating better and running? I don't get why people feel the need to go on 'Crash Diets' or buy stupid products to lose weight, it's pretty simple you just need to eat 500-800 calories a day less than you need and start running or biking.

I have a pool which i swim in every day but it's not really working.

A very bad idea AND it won't work.

1. When you don't eat your body will go in to reserve mode meaning it will try to use as little of fat resources it can. Weight loss will be sloooooow.
2. Not eating will make your body burn muscles for energy.
3. Drinking only water is potentially fatal. Water dilutes your blood, which can kill you if it happens too much.
4. You will be very hungry and soon as you come off teh diet you will eat ten times the amount you would normally eat and you willa gain teh lost weight back.

Instead what you should do.
1. Start excersizing daily (or atleast every other day). Go walking/running and lift some weights. 30mins per day of those activities is enough.
2. Eat more often, but less on each meal. This way you will keep the feeling of hunger away reducing the temptation to eat too much.
3. Don't try to lose too much weight quickly, instead lose weight slowly. That way the results will be permanent and it won't feel like torture minimizing the risk of gaining the weight back.

It's not a crash diet, it's called fasting. I did 10ish days back in may. Most important things are to clear your bowels properly (Glauber salt e.g.) and even more important is the right fast-breaking or you'll regain the weight faster than you can say "whopper with cheese".

And losing weight is just a side-effect. Fasting is about learning to know your body and change the way you nourish yourself deeply.

1) i didn't make this thread so i could get advice on how i could do it better, i tried just about anything and it didn't work

2) see 1

A very bad idea AND it won't work.

1. When you don't eat your body will go in to reserve mode meaning it will try to use as little of fat resources it can. Weight loss will be sloooooow.
2. Not eating will make your body burn muscles for energy.
3. Drinking only water is potentially fatal. Water dilutes your blood, which can kill you if it happens too much.
4. You will be very hungry and soon as you come off teh diet you will eat ten times the amount you would normally eat and you willa gain teh lost weight back.

Instead what you should do.
1. Start excersizing daily (or atleast every other day). Go walking/running and lift some weights. 30mins per day of those activities is enough.
2. Eat more often, but less on each meal. This way you will keep the feeling of hunger away reducing the temptation to eat too much.
3. Don't try to lose too much weight quickly, instead lose weight slowly. That way the results will be permanent and it won't feel like torture minimizing the risk of gaining the weight back.

Yes, and add to that the fact that this plan is totally oxymoronic as after the ten days you're just going to eat normally, if not more and you'll just put the weight back on (if not more weight) afterwards.

Ice, you need a daily and simple routine, not these "crash-diets" or ludicrous regimes. :no:

Ice: We're in the same boat. and crash diets never works.. Go to a jogging site like Coolrunning newbie help and start jogging.. I also shifted my eating habits to healthy food and no candy. I've lost 10kg over the past 3 months... If you want to loose weight and stay that way you need to make a permanent change in you lifestyle, not just a short 10 day self-torture thing..

Last edited:
Ice: We're in the same boat. and crash diets never works.. Go to a jogging site like Coolrunning newbie help and start jogging.. I also shifted my eating habits to healthy food and no candy. I've lost 10kg over the past 3 months... If you want to loose weight and stay that way you need to make a permanent change in you lifestyle, not just a short 10 day self-torture thing..

Very true. I started running to lose weight and gain fitness - and I love it. It does work, and most important of all, not only will you lose weight, you'll be able to maintain the weight, and you'll be fitter.

Ice, people are only trying to help, and / or are concerned by this diet. To lose weight and keep it off you need to work out why you've put on weight, and resolve those problems (and I don't mean emotional problems or anything like that - I mean eating too much, or too much of the wrong thing, and not exercising) - crash diets don't work.

This is definitely not going to work and if you've tried everything else and it doesn't work, then it means you're not trying hard enough.

If this was the way to lose weight, then doctors would be recommending it left and right. But they don't, so do the math.

Exercise, cut your calories, and exercise. There are no shortcuts to long term weight loss.

My mate was fat so he went on a crash diet of only one low calorie meal a day for weeks, and the result was pretty remarkable. He went from being 90ish kilos to 75ish, which is a pretty good effort. So I say go for it.

I'm 100-ish now, need to lose at least 20. We'll see how many stints i'll require. One good upshot of this is that my stomach will shrink and i won't eat as much before getting full.

Oh, not you too. I've tried doing all that. It didn't help.

I really can't believe that.. If you burn more calories than you consume you are going to lose weight, this counts for everyone that's how the body works.

If your saying you seriously have tried exercising and eating right for a substantial amount of time without losing weight you are either not human or lying