Water only shock diet

I am a live example for long term planning in weight loss. I weighed 102 kilos around 4 months back and after walking (mind you, not running not jogging but only walking) daily for 1-1.5 hours/day i am now at 90Kg. More than that, I really feel great now, which I don't think those diets will give you.

My 2 paise :)

Oh, not you too. I've tried doing all that. It didn't help.
What exactly didn't work? There really is no trick to it. Just hard work. You just need to be systematic about it. Do excersizing on a schedule (no skipping) and calculate what you eat. If you excersize and eat below the amount you use, there is no way it won't work. But you can't expect to lose 10kg in a week, weight loss is a long process.

I'm really sorry, but i'll have to agree with most people here.

I'm not really fat, most people will say i'm "normal", but 6 months ago, a cardiologist I know told me the size of your belly is quite important. If it's more then 94cm (yes that's right, 94cm and that's NOT a lot, believe me. source on this one is reliable, .be government has a campaign about it), you have a higher risk for cardiovascular diseases. That's because your organs live in fat.

So I started to cut on chips and cookies during the day in favour of light yoghurt and 1 piece of fruit in the morning and afternoon, and of course 3 normal meals where I paid attention not to choose the worst meals.

So: dark rice and bread and pasta in stead of white rice, bread or pasta
white meat in stead of red meat etc...

Apart from that, I started running. You have to exercise 3 times a week for more than 30 minutes (3 x 30 minutes swimming would do the trick I suppose).

So in all: exercise 3 x 30 minutes (or more if you wanna loose weight rapidly, but don't overdo it) a week and eat healty and all will be well.

I know the start of it is NOT easy...but you'll soon realise that eating things is not something you did because you were hungry, but because you just wanted to eat those nice things...

Last edited:
Kebab runs in the middle of the night and 14 hours a day of IRC don't help much. That's for sure.

1) i didn't make this thread so i could get advice on how i could do it better, i tried just about anything and it didn't work

2) see 1

Why are you acting like such a tit? I just wanted to give you advice how to do this properly. Well I might just watch you crash and burn, could be fun as well.:|

..ah fuck it, just pleeease do yourself a favour, read at least some homepages about fasting.

The only thing he'll accomplish with a crash diet is he'll feel ill, tired, sick and due to that, will give this diet up very soon.

The faster you lose pounds, the faster you gain them back aswell.

Who's the bookmarker for taking bets how long it'll last?

I am a live example for long term planning in weight loss. I weighed 102 kilos around 4 months back and after walking (mind you, not running not jogging but only walking) daily for 1-1.5 hours/day i am now at 90Kg. More than that, I really feel great now, which I don't think those diets will give you.

My 2 paise :)

This.

An hour or more of walking a day is the easiest way to come down to a manageable weight. Once you reach something like 90 kg you may have to switch to jogging.

The dictionary definition of diet is "eating habit". Whether it's a healthy one or a bad one, is up to you.

You are looking at the wrong definition of "diet"...look at it as an adjective, not a noun. Anyway....

What you plan on doing is a BAD IDEA. There are some simple changes you need to make. Cut down portions. People have a habit of filling their plates or finishing everything that comes in front of them. Drink LOTS of water. Eat good fats, like peanut butter. It takes longer to burn so you won't get hungry too quickly.

As far as exercising is concerned. Start slow, like running for 10 minutes. After a few days, increase...and continue until you work your way up to one hour. 4-5 times a week should be good enough. It will take some time to see results, don't be discouraged.

The biggest thing is making a decision about what you want. It's not about doing it for one month, then stopping. If you are serious about getting healthy, you are making a decision to do so for life. Stick with making better eating choices and continue to exercise (cut down after you reach your goal, but stay active).

if you really keep this upo, you'll go real lightheaded, and after 10 days you're gonna eat alot more than you would have normally, resulting in you getting fatter...

so this is definately not the way...

What exactly didn't work? There really is no trick to it. Just hard work. You just need to be systematic about it. Do excersizing on a schedule (no skipping) and calculate what you eat. If you excersize and eat below the amount you use, there is no way it won't work. But you can't expect to lose 10kg in a week, weight loss is a long process.

Yea, Ice you couldn't have been trying a new eating/exercise routine for very long if you're seeing no results whatsoever. Before starting this ridiculous water diet, keep track of what you eat on a normal day every day for the next week. Counting calories is the easiest way to understand the difference between how much you eat and how much you should be eating. Post the list here if you don't know what should be cut out or reduced.

Running a human being on no food is like running a car with no petrol. It won't end well. The best thing to do when attempting any fitness or diet program is to have patience. I'm badly out of shape right now but I'm in the process of gradually building up my fitness in preparation for basic training. Slow and steady is the key.

... as many people pointed out, this won?t be a solution ... but fasting (like Polly already said) is said to be a good way to get to know your body. It won?t do any harm ... it?s been done in a lot of religions for centuries ... and not just for 10 days.

I haven?t done it before, but a lot of people suggest that you drink mineral water (a lot of it, don?t dihydrate!!!) instead of just tab-water and maybe drink some tea (without sugar of course) sometimes. And don?t do hard physical work ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasting

So good luck, maybe that "getting to know your body better" will help you afterwards changing your diet into a healthier one ... the fasting alone won?t do anything longterm.

Last edited:
Swimming alone should bring your weight down, when I was swimming daily I was fairly toned. but I noticed that I was always damn hungry and ended up eating too much. Just keep swimming but get yourself tired, don't swim in your comfort zone, eat a little less and you will lose weight.

As many of you know, i'm not the thinnest of persons around *cough* so as of today i'm on a crash diet. The plan is to not eat or drink anything but water for the next 10 days. If i get dizzy from lack of glucose, i'll have some fruit, but that's it. I'll use this thread as a kind of blog on my progress and if anyone doesn't like it, kindly fuck off.

==========================================================

Day 1:

Hungry. Bathroom scale ran out of batteries, will weigh myself later.
Well Ice, it was nice knowing you. I will remember to pray for you.

Also I call dibs on all of Ice Camera equipment! Now who wants his car?

Main Entry:
1di?et
Pronunciation:
\?d?-?t\
Function:
noun

1 a: the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reason b: a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight <going on a diet>

The thing is what he's doing is not necessarily wrong or bad for your body. That's absolute bullshit. It can indeed be very healthy, when you do it right and see it as complete restart of your eating habbits and not as a way of losing a couple of pounds in a few weeks and than get back to burger-munching, coke-zipping daily routine.

Fasting per se is a wonderful thing, you lose your hunger completely after a few days, you breath different, your olfaction gets better, you relax and and your whole metabolism phases itself down, you start to feel constantly high-ish after a couple of days, you gain trust in your mind and your body.

Otherwise you'll break on the second or third day, when you constantly think and even dream about food.