Water only shock diet

I must say I'm with pretty much all of the don't-do-it-guys here. I've been fat since I was a kid, and if I learned anything in terms of losing weight, it's that the only thing that'll make you slim and keep you slim is changing your eating and exercising habits.

I did kind of a crash diet in the past. I had a job where I had to do quite some heavy mechanical work, so that counted as my workout. Then, I only ate one single piece of fruit for breakfast (apple, banana, ...), ate an average portion (not a "let's eat until I burst portion!!!") of whatever my mom had cooked for lunch (no desert afterwards) and avoided dinner whatsoever. I lost 16 kilograms within 4 months that way, and it felt great afterwards. Today however, I have gained all that weight again, simply because I started to eat "normal" later. I didn't have a bungee effect, I just gained weight again very slowly, but constantly.

And here's another one. When I had my basic training at the Luftwaffe, I lost 10 kilograms in 2 months, just by all the workout you do when you're in the military. I didn't do any additional workout whatsoever, and I didn't eat less at all. I just had to walk, run, climb, creep and whatever every day, and it made me lose weight like nothing else. So yes, this does work. You just gotta take it serious. Forget about that crash diet. It will probably work, but if you trake up eating like you did before again, you'll gain weight. And then what? Do the crash diet again? For the rest of your life?

Now I'm not telling you that you're supposed to go all green and only eat salad and drink water. Just get some knowledge on what's good and what's not (avoiding all kinds of lemonade like Coca Cola helped me big time for example), swap an ice cream for an apple and do a little workout. I just bought a bike to get to work during the summer. That means 10 km of riding a bike every day, and seriously reduced fuel costs. And that's enough. You don't need to go to the gym and kill yourself for like 5 hours a day. Just do some bits here and there, your life will remain to be great and you'll lose weight. Sounds gay, but it's that simple.

Last edited:
Water only diets do work

you just have to supplement them with proper amounts of fruits, vegetables, meats grains and fish. Exercise helps too and is highly recommmended. Its easy you guys are crazy

The thing is what he's doing is not necessarily wrong or bad for your body. That's absolute bullshit. It can indeed be very healthy, when you do it right and see it as complete restart of your eating habbits and not as a way of losing a couple of pounds in a few weeks and than get back to burger-munching, coke-zipping daily routine.

A 10 day water-only diet is a horrible idea, AND bad for your body. you have NO idea what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Water only diets do work

you just have to supplement them with proper amounts of fruits, vegetables, meats grains and fish. Exercise helps too and is highly recommmended. Its easy you guys are crazy

That seems quite the contradiction.

A 10 day water-only diet is a horrible idea, AND bad for your body. you have NO idea what you're talking about.

And that's what Ice is doing - hence everyone saying it's a bad idea.

:no: Does anyone actually read what I'm writing..?

Of course I'm saying his approach is wrong. :?

I think most of you are right BUT: Whenever you give someone the advice to do some workout... be a little bit concerned about the circumstances. When you give Ice the advice to start running (jogging) it can be a very bad idea because that could stress his knees/legs too much. And so on.

I run 2 days and pause 1 day. And i had to pause the last 3-4 days because I had pain in my knee. It didn't hurt too much but I take all signals quite serious - better being on the safe side than fuck up your body ;)

Whatever you do Ice, i wish you luck. And I hope you try to figure out what went wrong. I will not say you made something wrong and if you are sure you didn't: There could be medical reasons too. So asking a doctor or an expert could help you.

Chris

Yes. You don't even need to run at start to get your heartrate to the weight loss zone. Brisk walking is enough.

Guys, he hasn't responded in a while, I think he's dead. :unsure:

*crickets*

Just...be careful, Darjan. If you feel dizzy, stop whatever you are doing and eat something that is simple and easily digestible like grapes.

Ok, so .... bets gentlemen ... who says he can make it through all 10 days?

\No, I'm not going to go into the right and wrong of what he's doing. It's his decision, he's a big boy, let him do it.
\\But I am very curious what would happen to a person with this sort of diet.
\\\Ice, keep us updated on your progress ... and by progress I don't mean only weight changes ... overall condition as well ... level of energy, any pains ... etc. I want to know all you're going to feel during this 10-day period. I'd quite appreciate it
\\\\Yes, I'm going to use the poor fellow as my little test subject, and no, I won't feel any remorse for it. :p

Yes yes. I already planned to eat something light, full of quick energy if i start feeling lightheaded or dizzy. I'm not THAT stupid. :p

I am just concerned. Probably more so than I let on.

Yes yes. I already planned to eat something light, full of quick energy if i start feeling lightheaded or dizzy. I'm not THAT stupid. :p

why not try an all natural raw diet thing wher eyou eat nothing cooked, that should activate your bodys natural detoxification and youll actually have energy to go out and run. it works. or have ALOT of sex. but for that you need energy. eat a few bananas beforehand

after he gains the weight back after 2 or 3 hours maybe he'll try something else. If you go on a water diet, your body slows its metabolism and starts eating the muscle and fat very slowly cuz its in survival mode. so when you go back on food, a little bit has a bigger impact and you don't have the energy to keep it off by exercising