Ownership Verified: wdwben's 2012 MX-5 PRHT (yup, another one)

Figured out the issue with the backup camera - just need a long bit of wire and to figure out a time to wrench. Also planning on installing the GPS antenna upside-down on the underside of the trunklid; does anybody know of any massive downsides to this?
Dont know how much would the trunk act as a Faraday cage for that frequency, so the downside would be weaker signal.

Another update. Went to go figure out what was wrong with the backup camera today, and only had an idea about it after I closed everything up in the car and was taking a shower afterward. While I was troubleshooting, I did go ahead and reprogram some of the buttons on my steering wheel (I now have push-to-talk, aka, Siri) and installed the car's GPS antenna. It gets a good signal, even in the trunk.

CrzRsn was correct. It does now think my car is Australia. I think that means I get to drive on the other side of the road now.

Finally had some time to go and get my backup camera properly wired.

C74BHXUU8AAmVzd.jpg:large

It was hard found in the Florida humidity, but I have a backup camera, and it works properly when I put the car in reverse by activating, then goes away when I put the car in drive.

Discovered an issue today where SOMETHING would cause the head-unit to mute itself. Took car apart, fixed issue (I hope). Drive to work will be telling.

I can report that the little Miata is still fun to be in, while I also found out, that the passenger seat lacks adjustment for its height. That in return basically turned the NC at least in that seat into the same problem that I face in any stock NA/NB.. damn you short people! :p

Oh yeah, it is also a great car to get your face burned off in the Florida sun with the top down! :mrgreen:

Spa treatment today! I love the Chemical Guys stuff, it does such a great job. Also, ordered XPEL headlight films, should be arriving Wednesday to keep my lenses clear! Found them for $10 (!!!) on Amazon.

Before:
18238875_972979384849_1538280471255167711_o.jpg

After:
18358881_972979404809_6889370791169146076_o.jpg

18319048_972979399819_5707869178852318016_o.jpg

And the HID cutoffs are sharp again!
18359388_972979389839_5974032086095253012_o.jpg

Also, ordered XPEL headlight films, should be arriving Wednesday to keep my lenses clear! Found them for $10 (!!!) on Amazon.
You had misted/sanded headlights and installed films and they are clear again?

You had misted/sanded headlights and installed films and they are clear again?

Apologies for not being more clear. No, I used a buffing solution to get them back to clear, then I'll be using a film to protect them for the future.

Also, today I noticed that the silver trim ring on my shift knob is loose suddenly. Feels like something must have snapped inside. I've contacted the seller about a warranty claim as it's less than 6 months old.

Update: it seems that one of the screws holding the satin silver trim piece in place rattled loose. I accessed it by popping out the H pattern piece. Of course, I discovered this all at the parking lot for EPCOT, so I can't fix it right away; I don't have a screwdriver in my car. Hopefully, it goes back together smoothly and the H pattern piece fits properly. It feels like it has a little bit of automotive goop on it, and I don't know how much was taken off when I removed it.

The XPEL films have arrived. The so-called compound I used on my headlights last weekend appears to merely be a wax that filled in the scratches and dried clear. Boo! Oh well, it was only $7. I have a proper 3M headlight polishing kit arriving tomorrow, and this weekend I will remove the front bumper of my car and make sure the headlights are perfect before I lay down the XPEL film on the headlights. The fog lights will wait, as eventually I will be upgrading them to some high-end LED fog lights. I'll protect those with the XPEL.

Alright, many knuckles were scraped, but a silly $30 purchase means that I now have Hella Supertones hiding behind the Miata's grille. Additionally, the headlights were buffed with a 3M kit and the XPEL films have been installed.

You can see both here, but look closely, because both are doing their very best to hide!
18449341_976025530349_2302000264267964781_o.jpg

Locked the car today using my key-fob (normally I press the button on the exterior handle) and the car chirped the horn in the parking garage at work. Scared the crap out of two random folks walking out to their car. Hehe.

Here's a better, bumper off picture of where they're mounted:
DAB4O1nXoAAlTPU.jpg:large

Because I live in Florida, a state that rivals Texas for title of "they who die with the biggest vehicle with legal license plates wins." If you don't believe me, ask Thomas or Adrian. So when there are pickups driving around whose trailer hitchers are above my windshield cowl, or for whom I could inform about potential oil leaks on their undercarriage from my stock-ride-height car, having dual 116db horns is generally helpful for preventing myself from becoming a speed bump in the path of someone's forward progress.

- - - Updated - - -

because oem is too weak :D

Also this.

First couple drives at night under my belt. I CAN SEE AGAIN! It's odd seeing my car and being able to see clear headlight lenses. The crazing really had gotten out of control. Happy I've protected them for the future.

Also, had a Camry try to move into a space in front of me in a lane where she wouldn't fit. Gave her a blast of my Supertones and boy did she get back in her lane FAST.

A couple months ago, some work on the car required the battery to be disconnected, which meant I had to re-do the lines on my backup camera. Finally got the motivation up to do it today.

DAxm07tXkAETY2r.jpg:large