• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

We may not have to worry about the BBC

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
It would really be a shame if we couldn't get to see Top Gear. I just hope that Finalgear and Top Gear will run forever as it' being run now :) It's way too good to miss!

Overheat said:
what's with the Bird link?
The guy e-mailed me the Wired article and I was just crediting him for pointing the article out to me. Something wrong with that?

I :heart: the Beeb :happy:

maybe we could get exclusive rights to be their provider of online eps?

That. Would be pimp. 8)

But they're doing the Creative Commons type of thing so. :)

Or we could just be like a figurehead, like the queen of England or something :D

Cruzz563 said:
That. Would be pimp. 8)

Or we could just be like a figurehead, like the queen of England or something :D
Maybe the BBC could hook us up with their source videos so we don't have to have VUK recording it every week. Imagine no missed eps! :eek:

I doubt that would happen as long as we have Fifth Gear episodes here. They're technically illegal, and I don't think the BBC wants to connect itself to something like that. :(

chaos386 said:
Cruzz563 said:
That. Would be pimp. 8)

Maybe the BBC could hook us up with their source videos so we don't have to have VUK recording it every week. Imagine no missed eps! :eek:

I doubt that would happen as long as we have Fifth Gear episodes here. They're technically illegal, and I don't think the BBC wants to connect itself to something like that. :(

Plus they'd be losing money.

Thats like the RIAA offering downloads for Limewire.

Jasruler said:
chaos386 said:
Cruzz563 said:
That. Would be pimp. 8)

Plus they'd be losing money.

Thats like the RIAA offering downloads for Limewire.

They necessarily aren't looking to make money off their digital content... Thats the whole point of the creative commons licensing, that there are no restrictions on digital content. To make money off digital content, you would have to restrict the use of it, which is against creative commons.

I would love to work with the BBC, even through another site (in case they didn't like the whole FifthGear thing) to offer official TopGear downloads using BitTorrent.