Website design gurus! I need help!

Bloody americans! Learn to spell! :p

So, are you going with the tabled version you have now. Or do you want me to send you the code for the CSS version I was showing you above?

Good job man: Mally to the rescue :thumbup:

Because different browsers render slightly differently. I checked it in FF on Mac, Safari on Mac, and Internet Explorer on PC. I assume you are seeing the cut on FF on PC? You can go to the freeman.css file and nudge the .flashviewer down a few more pixels. It's the "top" property.

Good job man: Mally to the rescue :thumbup:

Yeah, like Super Chicken. lol

Edit: Shadowness: Yeah, that slight cut off is only on FF for PC(I'm on the PC side now) so just nudge the .flashviewer down a few more pixels with the "top" property. Also, notice that I moved all your css properties into the freeman.css file.

Oh, another thing, you need give your large pics a width of 809px because the the flash viewer you are using resizes itself according to the pic.

Last edited:
Ok, ive done it, check it out! http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/

PS: Is the main page displaying properly for you? When I open the index.html file locally on my computer its fine, but on the webpage its still in the top left!

EDIT: its ok, I didnt properly clear my cache :)

If anyone spots any faults please feel free to tell me, and also any improvement suggestions are much appreciated too!

Last edited:
Oh, another thing, you need give your large pics a width of 809px because the the flash viewer you are using resizes itself according to the pic.

I think its ok. The images themselves are 770px width, and the viewer adds a 20px border around the edge. SO I set the maximum image size to be 810px, and it seems to be ok.
It looked horrible at 770px wide, as when they are resized the pics loose a bit of sharpness :)

That's because the flash viewer has some white space around it. So, when you moved the banner you layered the banner under the flash viewer.

I'm using XP (set to classic display) IE6.0 (C'mon I am at work!) and I am getting scroll bars along the bottom and side - was this intended? Display is set to 1024 x 768.

Logging off and going home now. I will give it a go in FF and IE on my vista and XP machines at home. Let you know what I get.

Because I chopped off the white space at the top. LOL

Edit: To get rid of the scroll bars we will have to set a min monitor resolution you don't want the scroll bars to appear in and build for that minimum resolution.

Edit Again: Shadowness try this revised CSS file to see if it helps with the scroll bars the others are getting

Last edited: