Weed Smokers

I have never ever stated or believed that weed is safe to use and has zero adverse effects on one's health... but I do believe that something that grows naturally has to be safer than cancer sticks.

Yeah, but you ain't smokin' pure tobacco in your cigarette are ya. ;)

When i was still a smoker, i would roll my own from a pouch of tobacco and cig papers. So yes, there was only tobacco in my cigarettes. Was still very bad for my body. The nicotin and tar is in the tobacco itself, they're not added by the evil tobacco moguls.

Yeah, but you ain't smokin' pure tobacco in your cigarette are ya. ;)

Exactly... whereas weed is pretty much pure for the most part. You rarely hear about someone who got weed sprayed with chemicals and toxic crap.

You can never trust such things fully, but back in school I remember this one anti-smoking campaign that broke down a cigarette's deadliest toxic content, such as arsenic and rat poison. It may have been exaggerating, but we all know cigarettes have many bad additives.

Adu, are the rolling tobaccos generally mostly tobacco or are they also laced with lethal junk?

Well, anti-smoking ads are horrible to say the least, I once had trouble breathing after just seeing one :S You know, the one where they take apart the heart and pour tar on it and stuff.

Exactly... whereas weed is pretty much pure for the most part. You rarely hear about someone who got weed sprayed with chemicals and toxic crap.

You can never trust such things fully, but back in school I remember this one anti-smoking campaign that broke down a cigarette's deadliest toxic content, such as arsenic and rat poison. It may have been exaggerating, but we all know cigarettes have many bad additives.

Adu, are the rolling tobaccos generally mostly tobacco or are they also laced with lethal junk?

Hm..... sounds like I need to stop adding tobacco mix into my weed.

I normally have a bag of vanilla tobacco to mix with my herb, just to make the joint/bong taste better, also to make the weed last a tiny bit longer.

I neither smoke nor drink. But I have many friends who went to the extreme (and in one case, over, the edge). I saw people intentionally getting bitten by snakes and licking frogs to get high.

After seeing that, I decided i would never EVER want to be in that situation.

^ Seriously? Here cocaine and heroin are probably 100 times more common than biting snakes to get high.

What is the effect with a snake bite anyway? :blink:

pot and cocaine are common here too but the snake thing is the extreme ...but i only heard it from my friends who have done it. They say it is the final frontier ;) don't know the details as Its been 2 years since i graduated and lost touch with them.

Also, it is not common and only happens in Goa

EDIT: Found something on the net:

http://www.jpgmonline.com/article.a...e=36;issue=4;spage=233;epage=4;aulast=Pradhan

Case No. 1: 35-year-old, male married, front lower socio-economic class, working in a gambling den for last 10 years was admitted for treatment of heroin withdrawal syndrome. Patient started taking snake bites since 1976 till hospitalization. On interrogation the patient mentioned that he started taking charas at the age 15 years mainly because of peer pressure. However, he became addicted to heroin and mandrax at a later stage of life and continued with the same till hospital admission. During this stage, snake bite habituation was developed out of curiosity. Initially he used to take snake bite on great toe once in a week, the frequency was then increased to two-three times a week. Everyday intake was not possible because of the cost -Rs 50 per bite. According to him he used to get sleep for 18-20 hours after the bite, which gradually reduced over period of few months to 12-14 hours.
The bite on tongue produced quick effect. On interrogation regarding the snake bite business, it was told that people from ethnic community give this bite only to those people who are known to them. This is being practised in certain areas of South Bombay. The visitors are at the risk of death. The people who come here for snake bites, are mainly from higher socio-economic class and are of certain religious groups. There are at least two to three people doing this business in that area.
Snakes used are cobra or green coloured snakes found on trees. The bites are generally taken on the sole or on tongue if it is a small snake. In the hospital the patient had severe withdrawal symptoms but however he did not show any craving for snake bite. On follow-up for 1 month the patient was found to be free of all addictions.
Case No. 2: A 33-year-old, male patient was married and admitted for detoxification for charas and heroin addiction. Patient started gambling while at school at the age of 14 and later started abusing drugs like charas, alcohol and ganja. In 1975 patient developed habit of taking snake bites. The locations he visited were in South Bombay. Beside these he also had snake bite in Goa and Calcutta. The patient was taking these bites to get an ?extra kick?. At each place called snake-den, various types of snakes in different sizes and colours were kept. According to the type of snake bite they were graded into three categories like mild, moderate and severe form of intoxication. A sharp tap with blunt instrument was given on snake's head. On tapping, snake used to bite on the site. This was felt as a pricking sensation locally, resembling prick of intra-muscular injection lasting for 10-40 seconds. After each bite no significant skin inflammation used to occur. The patient experienced grandiosity, a sense of well-being and happiness after each bite. At times he used to lie down quietly on bed for hours or on certain occasions he used to keep moving in the room. He did not experience any hallucinations, remained well oriented. No withdrawal symptoms for snake venom were noticed. He discontinued this habit as he feared that he may, by chance, die.

The dark world of addiction

?Most of the cases we get are related to alcohol, tobacco, brown sugar, sleeping pills, morphine in injection form. However, we have also treated patients who had the habit of getting a high from a snake bite in their teeth and from lizards too,? says Charu Pandya, project-in-charge of the Sardar Vallavbhai Patel De-addiction Hospital at Shahibaug managed by Nashabandhi Mandal, Gujarat.

Last edited:
^

thats some fucked up shit.

snake bites and licking a toad is some extreme way of getting high.

I neither smoke nor drink. But I have many friends who went to the extreme (and in one case, over, the edge). I saw people intentionally getting bitten by snakes and licking frogs to get high.

After seeing that, I decided i would never EVER want to be in that situation.

And you parade deformed newborns around town because you think their gods. Connection?

I know. I've seen people sleep for days together after getting bitten.

Fucking hell :blink::blink: Any idea why your friends are doing that?

It is because doesn't cost any money? Or is it more intense than normal drugs? cos the prahse "sleep for days" sounds like some hardcore venom/poison to me.

I have no idea why they are doing that just to get zonked. I mean, mushroom isn't exactly expensive, and it will fuck you up really good. In fact, most hallucinogenic drugs should give you a strong buzz to see weird shit. So why resort to a snake and a toad? The idea of having a snake biting my big toe or licking a brightly coloured toad is really creepy. *shiver*

Scary stuff... kind of like the other story I heard about some kids try and hang/strangle themselves while masturbating to orgasm, all to make the experience better.

Some ppl are just crazy...

Indeed, and that DMT is one of the most intense hallucinogenics known to man.
However, licking a toad to ingest it is not cool :)
Usually the crystallised form is smoked/vaporised or it's mixed with a MAOI (something which prevents the DMT from being broken down immediatly in the digestive tract) to produce a drink also known as ayahuasca (the same they have been using for ages in shamanic rituals).

Poisoning yourself is a quite common "trip"-method. Search some information about Datura.

However, seeing drugs as "a way to get fucked up" is a very narrow viewpoint.

Alcohol can fuck you up good, but its very good in limited amounts and a social setting.

I don't know about stuff like coke or heroin and other opiates. I suppose they are extremely pleasant to do which makes them addictive. Alcohol is addictive too however I don't feel the urge to use it all the time. I suppose heroin or crack produce such a strong rush that the urge to do it again simply overrules any rational thought or obligations.

Psychedelics are special: they can be entertaining in a party setting but also induce a possibly very profound spiritual experience. I wouldn't advise salvia, dmt or mushrooms on a party though because they either blow you totally out of this world (dmt, salvia) or have a very heavy mindfuck (shrooms in decent amount) which causes strong external stimuli to be unbearably intense.
LSD is somewhat of an allrounder on this part. The peak can be pretty intense but the aftermath is very sociable and cosy. The very long trip length and sometimes intense mindfuck can induce a unpleasant to downright scary experience though.
Ketamine in low doses is a party drug which makes you dance "in" the music and in high doses a full-blown psychedelic which allows you to explore your mind like you've never done before.
MDMA connects you to every person you see and makes you enjoy the music much more.

Psychedelics are mind-expanding, drugs like coke, opiates and alcohol are mind-narrowing. Very big difference there. It's a shame psychedelics are often categorised together with stuff like speed, crystal meth and crack, even though the effect on the user is COMPLETELY different and the risks are often much lower or non-existent if you are prepared and the set (mindset) and setting (location) are right. People who synthetisise LSD get harder punishments than those selling crack cocaine, while the first substance makes every buyer have a very profound, lasting and teaching experience and the second is mainly used to sustain a habit.

For those interested: read some trip reports on erowid.

My advise if you want to try a new substance (this includes nicotine or alcohol as they are drugs too, as well as prescription drugs): make sure you know what it's supposed to do to yourself, understand the physical and psychological risks and make sure the location and mindset are right for the substance.

On another note: Albert Hoffman, father of LSD, died two days ago. A great man gone, although at the blessed age of 102 :)

Last edited:
On another node: Albert Hoffman, father of LSD, died two days ago. A great man gone, although at the blessed age of 102 :)

Yeah, read about that yesterday.

Died from an heart attack, well he lived to 102, so that stuff must be real good for you :mrgreen::lol:

I've never tried any drugs harder than weed, not counting the opiates I was probably given to put me down for surgery.

But I'm very interested to try shrooms... just waiting for summer to roll around so I can try it out in nature. Hopefully even go camping and try it. although that would be my first experience with camping also.

I've never tried any drugs harder than weed, not counting the opiates I was probably given to put me down for surgery.

But I'm very interested to try shrooms... just waiting for summer to roll around so I can try it out in nature. Hopefully even go camping and try it. although that would be my first experience with camping also.

I've never tried shrooms before, but all my mates have. Some ppl dont even get hit on the first try, you might need to take it more than once for it to take full effect.

But from what I can see, it's quite an intense trip. You just gotta relax and enjoy the trip, apprantely you see some fucked up shit.. like colours chaning and weird stuff.