Weed Smokers

http://blog.norml.org/2011/01/24/pr...rijuana-legalization-be-a-top-question-again/

yes-we-cannabis.jpg

Once agian he will be taking questions from the internet and you can help. Follow the Norml link to get the required info and lets keep pressing the question so he has to answer it.

The LEAP question from the NORML link

Last edited:
Well, I havent been around here much lately, but I figured I'd let you guys know that I started smoking again last year. I know it seems kind of hypocritical and perhaps shocking after the post I made in 2006 on the first page of this thread, but I had an extremely rough year last year (to make a long story short, I had three surgeries and was laid up in bed for several months on separate occasions). Combined with my paraplegia, it was a dreadful year for me physically and emotionally to say the least, and I needed something to take the edge off......so I figured if I'm going to be on medication, I may as well go the natural route with weed (medical marijuana is legal here in Michigan).

Even before last year, I was never really anti-weed, since several members of my family have smoked for years. My initial post in 2006 was primarily about being careful and not smoking while driving, and I still stand by that. As a teenager, I used to abuse it and I smoked at every opportunity. Now I only smoke medicinally: I usually only take a couple hits in the evening, but not every day......so it's completely different than my previous experience as a full blown stoner. But it certainly does help me in small amounts.

Hope things are going better for you. Where in Michigan are you?

Yeah man, thank you. This year is definitely off to a better start so far. I'm up in the Upper Peninsula, so about as far north as you can get in Michigan. The nearest big city is actually Green Bay, WI. It's cold as hell, but a great place to relax and have some peace and quiet. I'm basically just taking the winter off to relax and play guitar, so I'm happy to say things are going much better lately :).

Last edited:
I have relatives and friends up there. Stay inside and near the wood stove.

Another long held Marijuana myth bites the dust.

http://seerpress.com/lung-cancer-association-with-smoking-marijuana-debunked/24502/

Lung Cancer Association with Smoking Marijuana Debunked

There is admittedly, an ongoing confusion about the effects of smoking marijuana. As if it is not enough, another study led by Professor Donald Tashkin of the University of California in Los Angeles is suggesting that the incidence of lung cancer is not actually the same when one uses marijuana and when one smokes tobacco.

Earlier, it can be remembered that Tashkin (with his colleagues) were the same persons who were able to show that marijuana smoke injures cells in the upper airways and even identified the substance, Benzpyrene which is also implicated in tobacco smoke as a contributor in the development of lung cancers.

However, with Tashkin?s team analyzing data from 1,212 cancer patients from the Los Angeles County Cancer Surveillance program and 1,040 cancer-free controls, they were able to come up with startling findings; that an increase in the use of marijuana did not result in higher rates of lung cancer and pharyngeal cancer as compared to tobacco smokers who were at greater risk the more they smoked. Additionally, the tobacco smokers who also used marijuana were at slightly lower risk of acquiring cancer of the lung compared with tobacco-only smokers.

Anyone know of anyway to bring some back home from Cali? I'm going on a trip for spring break to visit a friend, and while I'll be knee deep in it in LA I don't want the party to end back at home. Specifically I'm not looking to bring back smokeable bud, but rather some THC subligual oil, or maybe those THC breath strips. I think it might be too risky to hide it in my crotch with the scanners these days, and I'm not willing to stick it up my ass. Anyone know of a method of mailing it that is less risky, perhaps a carrier that doesnt scan it or etc. Worst thing happens I am high all 7 days of vacation and I come home and no big deal. Best possible solution, I bring back a few bottle droppers of oil and am able to stay high for the rest of the season.

it's been ages since i smoked THC oil (and only did it once, way to much hassle), but iirc the oil doesn't smell like weed at all.
just put it in a non-attention drawing bottle (parfume or sth), and you should be fine, no?

Anyone know of anyway to bring some back home from Cali? I'm going on a trip for spring break to visit a friend, and while I'll be knee deep in it in LA I don't want the party to end back at home. Specifically I'm not looking to bring back smokeable bud, but rather some THC subligual oil, or maybe those THC breath strips. I think it might be too risky to hide it in my crotch with the scanners these days, and I'm not willing to stick it up my ass. Anyone know of a method of mailing it that is less risky, perhaps a carrier that doesnt scan it or etc. Worst thing happens I am high all 7 days of vacation and I come home and no big deal. Best possible solution, I bring back a few bottle droppers of oil and am able to stay high for the rest of the season.

Don't even try it. You are really playing with fire if your going to try and get it through airport security. Rent a car and drive back if you really want to bring some home. Cheap cost compared to going to jail.

I know a friend who mailed her buddy in europe a sheet of acid. It's pretty funny, because it's so cheap here and he apperently sold it for like $100 a tab back in the EU. Just mailed it tucked inside a greeting card.

Obvs you couldn't get away with that with weed, but it's still a funny story IMO.

(no I don't do acid, never have, and probably never will, but I do have friends who have done it)

Don't even try it. You are really playing with fire if your going to try and get it through airport security. Rent a car and drive back if you really want to bring some home. Cheap cost compared to going to jail.

Yeah I figured as much. I have no problem getting bud, its these fancy oils and infused products that I wanted to bring back. Oh well, just have to try as much as possible in LA and remember them fondly.

Just want to wish a Happy Birthday to NORML. Happy 40, and may you no longer need to exist before you grow old and gray.

193219_194466650585317_100000659518921_553334_2251512_o.jpg

Had a friend try this and get busted in LAX. Narrowly avoided 3 years in prison. Don't do it.

Yeah, transporting illegal drugs through airports seems like a total no brainer to me. Seriously, I was in California for almost 3 months and I didn't partake at all so it can't be that hard to enjoy yourself while in Cali and then just leave them products behind and go home.

Still though, if you're desperate try mailing it and you might be surprised. A buddy of mine sent some hash through the mail back to Canada, from Amsterdam no less. It arrived fine even though you'd think mail originating from Holland would be scrutinized pretty well for drugs. Just mail it in a way so if it arrives and you get in trouble you can just say you have no idea what it is and who is sending it to you.

It's actually been a pretty long time since I've been totally stoned out me box. I'm not a frequent smoker just one of them ones that happens to be around when somebody's offering. I don't go buy it or anything.

Though the last time I was proper baked me an me old flatmate Michael (who always managed to get this amazing grass) ended up watching The Tourette De France, got through 2 2 litre boccles of Pepsi, a full tin of Danish Butter cookies and a 12 pack multi-pack of Lidl's own brand crisps. We didn't stop laughing for about 3-4 hours I felt like me insides were falling out.

thc oil? do you smoke that regulary? that's pretty rare around here. i only smoked it once, and found it quite a hassle to roll in a joint, and you have no other option than to smoke it with tobacco

How do you even roll oil?

My vaporizer actually has these padded inserts for using with THC oil, not that I've ever come across any or had the desire either.