Weed Smokers

The visual effects are only a small part of a mushroom trip. The mental effect is - in my opinion - much more profound and can be quite terrifying too (thought speed at 500%, wild associations and profound feelings + sensitive to irrealistic paranoia => "zomg I'm turning mad and I'm never gonna be normal again!" In this case just remember that the trip only lasts for a couple of hours and don't try to fight the trip, that's impossible since it's right inside of your head :)). Your senses get elevated in a weird way, things feel, look, hear and smell different. You see moving patterns on everything (a bit like with weed where your pattern recognition is way up), contrast is elevated, colors shift, everything gets a bit blurred and everything starts to make organic, "breathing" or "growing" movements (OEV or open eye visuals). You might see patterns and images with closed eyes (CEV).

If done under the right set and setting though (being relaxed and together with thrustworthy friends while camping in the middle of the nature is), it will be a wonderful experience that you will remember the rest of your life. Shrooms are a perfect initiation to psychedelics too since they are short-working, quite easy to obtain and offer the full scala of psychedelic experiences.

I never heard of an "inverse tolerance" to shrooms though. Everybody I know who have tried them had full effects at first try. Other stuff like weed or salvia takes a while getting used to to fully appreciate the effect.
However, it's possible that if you search them yourself in a field, not everybody gets the same quality or even the right shrooms. Over here, we're spoiled with high-quality, thrusty shrooms from the Dutch headshops (although that's not gonna last long anymore, damn dutchies are becoming right conservatists again).

Damn, now I want to trip too :)

Last edited:
^ Damn man, you're like the Wikipedia on drugs. :D

Even weed and alcohol can have some borderline psychedelic effects, but obviously those diminish very fast if you use regularly.

I never heard of an "inverse tolerance" to shrooms though. Everybody I know who have tried them had full effects at first try. Other stuff like weed or salvia takes a while getting used to to fully appreciate the effect.

Dunno, 5 of my mates tried shrooms together, only 3 ppl got hit. Out of the 2 ppl that never got hit, only one carried on trying and even he never got the full buzz until his 3rd or 4th attempt.

And the quality of the shrooms were quite good I believe, they got it from a good source. I was offered the chance of trying shrooms, but was so high on weed that I turned down the offer.

Oh yeah.. and it took me about 4 tries until I can fully appreciate weed as well. The first few times just didn't work for me.

Oh yeah.. and it took me about 4 tries until I can fully appreciate weed as well. The first few times just didn't work for me.

I think most are the same way with dope. It's mainly because beginners don't know how to smoke properly, as in like inhaling it nice and deep.

^ Damn man, you're like the Wikipedia on drugs. :D

Even weed and alcohol can have some borderline psychedelic effects, but obviously those diminish very fast if you use regularly.

I wouldn't call alcohol psychedelic, there is a change in consciousness but it mainly makes you think less, where a psychedelic should do the opposite ;-) Or that could just be because I'm so used to it.

Weed can be quite psychedelic indeed. I have some strong sativa (as opposed to indica which produces a stoned feeling, most weed is a mix of both though) which, without fail, causes a massive headrush which I'd call psychedelic. Typical of weed is that it kind of "remembers" effects from other psychedelic experiences, very strange. I once saw moving, colored patterns on my wall while just on weed and pretty intense CEV too. That was after al lot of weed though, and the huge body load and nausea wasn't exactly fun.

the huge body load and nausea

Thats call when you hit the greens.

And no, it wasn't fun for me as well.

Tried some MDMA yesterday (actually that 250 milligrammes isn't exactly "some" but maybe the quality wasn't that good or I'm hard-headed) on a music concert and generally had one of the best evenings ever. Sweet stuff! Mild euphoria, feeling of unitedness with the crowd and the musicians, no feelings of discomfort (standing up for a long time, hot...)

Although you have to take care using it: using too much at once results in a depressive hangover for days (none of that for me (yet?), luckily) and using too much for a while makes your tolerance skyrocket and isn't healthy at all. Once every couple of months on special occasions is just right.

^ You know what keeps me from trying harder stuff than pot? The possibility of really liking it.

I'm not addicted to pot, but to be honest, I smoke nowadays much more often than I thought I would when I first tried it. Even though my body doesn't need THC, I still really, really enjoy pot so I consume it.

I don't want the same thing to happen with E or cocaine and stuff like that. Maybe others have more will power than me, but I'd have a hard time staying away if it was a really fun time.

Yeah it's good to know yourself.

I noticed I do have a pretty good willpower, but possibly even more important are responsabilities (school) and friends who don't use anything illegal (going out with them results in only taking alcohol which is a harddrug too but I don't feel the inclination to use it all the time). If I would be sitting on my room every day for half of the day and be bored to death, I would be using more too. But now I come back from school, eat, go out with friends or watch a movie or something. I don't have time to use lots of stuff and if I do have a spare evening, I have to take into account my productivity of the next day.

A good prevention is only having a limited amount of everything available and limit your purchases. By that way you have a good reality check: "oh damn, I used all that in only one week?". Once it's out, it's out. Having large quantities around makes it easier to end up in a full-weekend binge with bad results (LOTS of examples on forums of people who bought a large stash "to last months" and used everything in two weeks)

Cocaine is a tricky one. I never used it and I'm kind of afraid too to try it, although I would really want to. I'm afraid that if someone would offer me a line while I'm a bit drunk, I wouldn't hesitate long. However, I know a lot of people who have tried it a couple of times and liked it a lot, but never got addicted to it. It's something special like for on a party or NYE, not for daily use. It's terribly expensive too.

Ketamine is something like that too. After having some good trips I had the urge to do it again (even dreamt about it once) but that subsides after a couple of weeks. Also the tolerance is a factor: once you notice you have to use more to get the same effect, you're using too much. Tolerance is bad (except for alcohol, where it improves your street cred. ;)).

Heroin, other strong opiates and crack (and other heavy stuff) I wouldn't try. Maybe I could resist myself of doing it again but I'm quite sure that ultimate rush will keep nagging in the back of your head for the rest of your life and makes everything else feel dull and boring. Some people are saying that of MDMA too, but I think the effect, when dosed carefully, is quite subtle and actually makes you appreciate "sober" experiences more too.
Very different from the huge heroin rush which makes you feel like being in your mothers womb while being king of the universe too.

Some drugs aren't addictive at all: LSD and shrooms have such a profound and long effect (especially lsd) and have a quick tolerance buildup so abuse is very uncommon. An LSD or shrooms trip is quite exhausting too and not always "pleasant" (but always interesting).

Baseline is, as always: know your substance and know yourself. Know your friends too, as they can have a big influence on your time passing and drug use.

Last edited:
I've been away on holiday for the entirety of June... I haven't really craved or thought about weed this whole time. It's kind of a good feeling actually, knowing that even after 2 years of frequent baking I can stop cold turkey without any negative effects.

Anyway, before I left I bought a half an ounce of some awesome kush and it just occurred to me, is there a chance it could've gone bad after a month? I'm sure it's gone quite dry, but I hope it's still as delicious as before.

Oh, and I'm wondering what it'll be like after 4 weeks off the stuff. Before this, the longest break I took was 5 days.

You managed to go for a whole month without drugs? WOW! I'm amazed! Congratu-fucking-lations!
It still amazes me that taking drugs has become a routine thing and no one bats an eyelid at this shit.

Oh well, I can still get you all at kings: never have I ever done drugs or smoked anything

Please, don't smoke and drive, same goes here for alcohol or other drugs...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zE2L4OhJ69w[/YOUTUBE]

^wow you're quick

srry, deleted that post

what's wrong with a routine? how many people poor out a beer when they come home from work?
it's the same thing. i come home, and roll a joint, so i'm completely zen and i can start with whatever i have to do at home
it's not like when you smoked, you're unable to operate in modern society. besides the eyes, you wouldn't notice i'm stoned

i've smoked every day for the last 4 years. and i still have a life, still have a job, still have friends and still have money
weed isn't bad, mkay...

Last edited:
I agree completely, weed is not bad at all, far better then alcohol. For me it calms me and allows to think differently. Weed is one of the best things, though mixing it with alcohol, and coc, not a good idea haha.

You managed to go for a whole month without drugs? WOW! I'm amazed! Congratu-fucking-lations!
It still amazes me that taking drugs has become a routine thing and no one bats an eyelid at this shit.

Oh well, I can still get you all at kings: never have I ever done drugs or smoked anything

You're a stupid retard.

First of all, I didn't say you should congratulate me for going a month without drugs. I said it makes me happy knowing that even after 2 years of frequent consumption of pot, I'm not addicted to it. If anything, my statement should point out that I'm not one of those potheads who think weed is without its drawbacks. I was simply stating a fact.

Second of all, you have zero authority to speak on this subject since you've never tried weed. Remember the Prohibition? Yes, alcohol was contraband for a while too. While most laws make sense and should be in place, certain laws are unjustified, such as the law which prohibits personal use of cannabis.

As bone pointed out, most of us weed smokers lead perfectly normal lives. I recently graduated from one of the top 5 universities in Canada with decent grades and am looking at opening up some type of business... and as is now obvious, I can take a break from smoking for however long I want.

Be glad I'm in an okay mood, because I am so tempted to neg rep your ignorant, close-minded ass.

In any case, congratu-fucking-lations, because your post above has made a complete ass out of you - not just to the pot smokers on here, but I'm willing to bet to every level-minded, sane member who reads this thread.

My point was that not so long ago drugs were looked down upon and now they are everywhere. I never said that you cant lead a perfectly normal life or that you were unable to graduate from a good school.

Oh, I dont really care if I come off as an ass - I state my opinion whether you like it or not.

My point was that not so long ago drugs were looked down upon and now they are everywhere. I never said that you cant lead a perfectly normal life or that you were unable to graduate from a good school.

Yeah, I agree with your statement when it comes to something like cocaine that is sadly all too common these days.

But weed is as safe, if not safer, than both cigarettes and alcohol which are perfectly legal.

Do you know how many people I've known who got alcohol poisoning? Do you know how many people I know who smoke cigarettes even though they don't want to and they know how bad it is for them? Such issues are not factors with weed... the biggest danger with pot is that you become used to the high amount of fun it provides, no pun intended.

And unlike what the people at DARE tell you, weed is not a gateway drug. If you start with pot and then move on to harder drugs, that's just your character and lack of will. I have smoked pot for a few years now, and I have never felt the urge to do other, harder drugs. I'm open to trying magic mushrooms once with my friends, but I'm not actively seeking it.

Sorry if I came off a bit strong, but I'm sick of pot being so stigmatized. I promised myself I wouldn't become of those pot smokers who got into the politics of it, but it's hard when you find out what cannabis is and what it's about and you see how misinformed people are. :)

I would easy put cigarettes down as the most harmful of the three. Alcohol can certainly be dangerous but so can weed. I know quite a few people that lead really messed up lives because of pot; yes I also know a number of alcoholics. Thing is, I drink for the taste more than anything and as far as I know weed doesnt "taste" good. Imo, smoking = bad, drugs = bad. Put the two together = bad. Alcohol = great in moderation.

And no hard feelings - internet doesnt relay emotion well. :)